News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear plate

Started by cowboy4x4n, December 12, 2016, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

Sorry it's a dumb question but is there any easy way to remove the rear plate without getting the bumper off.  It looks tight between the tank and bumper to access the screws

Lennard

Which rear plate are you talking about?

cowboy4x4n

Rear license plate.  I see very limited space with the bumper on to get the nuts on the plate bolts

dual fours

My first question to you is what car are you screwing with? I'll take a shot at it. Aren't your license plate screws held in place by the nylon blocks in the bumper? No nuts on the back side between the tank and bumper.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Lennard

Quote from: dual fours on January 01, 2017, 01:07:19 PM
My first question to you is what car are you screwing with? I'll take a shot at it. Aren't your license plate screws held in place by the nylon blocks in the body? No nuts on the back side between the tank and bumper.
He will get back to you on that in 3 weeks.  :icon_smile_big:

cowboy4x4n

No actually they have carriage type bolts with nuts on the back.  Never thought twice that the bikes weren't right till u showed me that picture lol

cowboy4x4n

Sorry about the delay guys broke my phone

Lennard

What I would do in your case is grind off the heads of the bolts, remove the rest and buy the nylon inserts and screws at the local car parts store and make it like original.

cowboy4x4n

Will do thanks for the heads up

dual fours

Well how did you do? Maybe you could use a crows foot wrench head on the hidden nut.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG