News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird brake booster

Started by boss429kiwi, February 22, 2018, 02:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi (New Zealand)

My original brake booster has blown (Superbird, 6 pack, 4 speed).
Since I am an impatient $&#%, I purchased a reproduction 70 b body booster from Year One, to find the firewall mounting studs were different. I then ordered a 69 b body booster thinking this was my next best option.
I was wrong, this stud pattern was different again.

I'm going to send my booster over to be rebuilt (should have done this in the first place!  :eek2:)

But I need to ask, What brake booster is correct for a Superbird? And why so different to normal?

Thanks
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

6bblgt

all '70 b-body (non-HEMI) cars with power disc brakes had a Bendix dual-diaphragm brake booster with 5/16" studs on the firewall side

all '70 b-body HEMI cars with power disc brakes had a Bendix dual-diaphragm brake booster with 3/8" studs on the firewall side

the bolt pattern on the firewall side was also different between the two

boss429kiwi

What's with the different stud pattern, between the original and correct reproduction 70 booster.
I've seemed to have collected a graveyard of reproduction boosters, and nothing fits.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!