News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pre-Purchase Inspection?

Started by Dclose240, December 21, 2016, 08:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dclose240

I am looking at getting a 1968 Charger for a restoration car but the one that is in my budget is on the other side of the country. Its pretty expensive to fly out a get a hotel and everything, plus I am under 25 which makes renting a car to get around in an issue. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about getting some people to check out a car for you? I do not really care about if it runs or anything mechanical really, I just want to make sure its real to begin with. With all the scam ads sometimes its hard to tell. Any help on getting some experienced eyes on it will be greatly appreciated.

Pete in NH

Hi,

Welcome to the group. Perhaps if you post the car's location someone close could take a look for you.

Dclose240

lukedukem

i hired someone to look at my car in Florida, i dont have his info. i wouldn't recommend him anyway, here is why. he didn't drive it long enough to see that it had an over heating issue. he also missed some other stuff. it cost me 150 bucks for him to look at it. even though he missed some stuff that a buddy on this forum wouldn't, it was worth knowing the car was real. like you said, scams are getting bad. like Pete said see if you can get someone from on here to go look at it for you. if it where in Texas i would help

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

303 Mopar

I would recommend looking for a member of this forum, or forbbodies only, or an of the mopar forums really that can go look at the car for you.  I hired an inspector once and was ripped off big time.  Mopar guys on these forums generally know what to look for, will take a lot pics, and also can do video for you as a neutral third party.  I always offer to pay or at least send them a gift card or something for their time.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

polywideblock

if the forum route doesn't work out try this guy  http://www.classiccarguy.com/             
he has inspected all the cars I bought and saved me from buying a few "bondo buckets" (perfumed pigs)  as well ,money well spent  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE