News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to Forum

Started by Bad B-rad, January 06, 2017, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchrome

Well l know it sounds retarded but l'm doing one frame rail at a time a little difficult with the shock cross brace in the way   But doable. took some measurements from side to side  from the shock cross member and at the ends of the frame rails then from floor to frame rails to make sure body does not twist any so far so good   Then started hacking the left frame rail (after l took out trunk floor)  After l get it all out then l will start dressing up edges of wheel well and extention then l will trial fit new frame rail in place just to see how  it will look.   l got my frame rails from Carid also the cross members for tank and tank, spring perches, and rear cross member, and trunk floor. All this for around 1500.00    Time to get back on her and get her done  Also when l can figure out how to get pictures on here l will post them

Bad B-rad

I am lucky as the Charger frame rails are ok,but I did replace a passenger side frame rail on a 73 Dodge Challenger.
I had the car welded up on a trailer, before I cut the trunk and rear rail out, I checked measurements, but the rear cross member(behind the rear bumper) was in good shape, so I just drilled out spot welds, and it kind of just fell into place.
That frame rail was the kind that slipped into the old frame about 5-6 inches, around the shock mount cross member.
Was a fairly easy job, but I had a lot of things staying that helped "guide me" so to speak.
Sounds like you have a lot bigger of a job ahead of you, best of luck!!!

4cruzin

Welcome from Michigan!    :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

orange383

Interesting to hear how you guys are doing/have done the frame rails.
One side at time sounds I keep good idea to me!  :yesnod:

nchrome

Well l got my frame rails in  going to check measurements then start welding  Starting to look good now

nchrome

Both frame rails in and trunk floor in   While underneath l glanced forward and what a disappointment  The torsion bar cross member is totally ate up don't know how the transmission stayed up. going to replace it also plus the front floor.  Found more rust out man did that guy lie about the condition of the car of the car yes l did look under but he would not pull the car out unless l was going to buy :brickwall:   He had it in a trailer and really could not see all the rust out Yes it is all my fault but at least he could of been honest about the car. Instead of saying a little work and in a few months would be road worthy.  Well it looks like it will be  a lot longer  Oh and also he said it had been in the trailer for the past 30 years ( more like out in the yard for 20 and maybe 10 in the trailer  l have had the engine running though so l guess there is a little light in the tunnel :icon_smile_wink:

JB400

Progress is progress :cheers:

orange383

Did you take any photos of the frame rail install?

Mopar Nut

A little late, but :wave: Welcome aboard!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nchrome

Yes l took lots of pictures but the forum won't let me post says they are too big  With the frame rails in and  the trunk floor in am seeing some lite at the end of the tunnel. 

JB400

All photos have to be under 400 kb, which takes a little bit of time to do, but it's worth it.