News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

I think that generally US cars dont sell in huge numbers outside America ( Jeep aside...can you even call that American now???...lots are built in Austria and owned by FCA in Italy))...unlike German or Japanese ones which seem to sell well everywhere. The certainly dont in Europe. We buy lots of Fords here (mainly company cars)....but they are UK and Europe built ones.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

b5blue

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 19, 2020, 01:38:08 AM
I think that generally US cars dont sell in huge numbers outside America ( Jeep aside...can you even call that American now???...lots are built in Austria and owned by FCA in Italy))...unlike German or Japanese ones which seem to sell well everywhere. The certainly dont in Europe. We buy lots of Fords here (mainly company cars)....but they are UK and Europe built ones.
Hey tread lightly yes JEEP is 100% American from concept to today. (No matter where made.)  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: b5blue on June 19, 2020, 06:22:49 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on June 19, 2020, 01:38:08 AM
Hey tread lightly yes JEEP is 100% American from concept to today. (No matter where made.)  :2thumbs:
He's just like a broken record. I've read many times from him that Europe doesn't like Merican cars. Bullshit though... cause I have family in Germany and the Netherlands and they have plenty new Merican cars there. Even Dodge/Ram/Chrysler dealers.

alfaitalia

Believe what you like....you could drive all day and not see a Dodge. Most of the  Ram trucks you do see are privately imported rather than bought through a dealer....and are diesels...cost of fuel here makes most of them a no go. There are no official Dodge dealers in the UK. It's not some sort of personal insult....at least you build cars you could export as American. We build no high volume British owned cars now....the unions saw to that.
And as for Jeep....the name might be US...but if it's not made in the US and not owned by an American company...what makes it American? In much the same that Roll Royce and Bentley are not British cars anymore....even if Rolls are made down the road from me...100 percent German owned by BMW (VW own Bentley). At best they are German cars, UK built. Calling them British is like calling cars built at our Nissan factory in the north of the UK, British.

...anyway...this is way of topic!

Lennard

ACUDANUT

Doesn't Fiat own 50 percent of Chrysler  :shruggy:

alfaitalia

I'm not 100 percent certain...but a quick Google says they own all of Chrysler ....making Chrysler Group a subsidiary of Fiat. The info was a year old mind....so things could have changed.

stripedelete

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 19, 2020, 01:50:45 PM
I'm not 100 percent certain...but a quick Google says they own all of Chrysler ....making Chrysler Group a subsidiary of Fiat. The info was a year old mind....so things could have changed.

Curious.  Is Fiat still the European word for junk or have they turned it around?

alfaitalia

I would not have one...they no longer have the rust issues.....but I don't like the light and flimsy build.....but I do have ALFA,s.....a sister company....Im addicted to those (as much as Mopar)and the build quality was acceptable....now is good.

chargered

Don't have a non-mopar yet, but hopefully when funds allow I'm planning on a 69 GTO for my next project.  I've always had a soft spot for Pontiacs.  Had a 66 GTO when I was 16-19, then a 68 GTO for a couple of years.  But then again, wouldn't mind getting an E-body too.................to many nice cars to choose from.

Troy

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on June 17, 2020, 03:58:44 PM
my 1998 4Runner...    originally a stock V6 2wd auto I bought to take to Washington DC during my USAF time....   

Got Bored and did a 5-speed swap,  4x4 conversion, small lift, wheel/tires, E-locker conversion...

I've driven it across country three times thus far...    fun little capable thing...    rust free with <$4000 in it total (Truck and mods) - got it in 2013 with 68,000mi on it and now has 152,000mi with no issues.   

People whine when I post about my Toyotas here but they really are fun and capable and meet my needs for most of what I do (except the towing capacity is useless). I currently have 3 third gen 4Runners like yours (probably not as "rust free") and a 93 and a 94 4x4 pickups. I sold my 98 Tacoma, 95 4Runner, and 3 other 3rd gen 4Runners since November though. Trying to get my "fleet" under control! Honestly, buying and selling Toyotas helps pay for the Mopars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

PSA of the day: this thread is in a section called "Car Guys Discussion" where we discuss vehicles other than Chargers. This thread is about people's "other" cars. If you don't like "other" cars then why are you reading this? Please keep your irrelevant opinions out of here. Or start your own whiny thread instead of cluttering up a thread about other people's happiness (and possessions).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

alfaitalia

Maybe I missed something...but who was that aimed at? Just curious....

pandamarie

My latest project, 1932 Buick 66s, car in middle. Only 7 known, OHV straight 8 rumble seat coupe.
Needs new king pins to finish, has a terrible case of death wobble.
Have 6 other old cars and adding a 1916 Overland to collection next Sunday.

62dodge

Well this is a maybe but i'm looking at an 1949 Buick Ambulance,as we like to dare to be different. I've got 72 Pontiac running gear for it.

Finn

71 GMC K2500 4x4. Amazing how much cheaper it is to work on than a mopar project.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

stripedelete

Nice Truck!   Love the patina.  Right out of Footloose.
I had a 72.  Heavy half ton.  Top of my wish-I-didn't-sell list.

Rubberduck

ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

alfaitalia

Latest Alfa project and my current DD

2009 ALFA 159 Lusso 2.0JTDm 170 6 speed manual

2.0 Four pot diesel (turbo charger of course)
Brembo brakes model
Was 170bhp ....now 218bhp
Was 360 nm of torque....now 448mn or torque. (Dynoed)

MODS

Remote control diesel tuning box with custom maps.
Straight through exhaust converted to twin exhaust using the centre section from a 2.4 version and two straight through HKS race silencers (not noisy as DPF and turbo stops the noise.)
Water meth injection....being fitted soon...parts in boot!.
Blitz front mounted intercooler with red silicone hoses.
Upgraded battery to 115 size and AGM
Engine breather oil catch can (DIY)

Lowered 35mm on Apexi springs (unknown short damper brand)
Front and rear corner splitters
Front daytime running lights
Genuine ALFA Giulietta Cloverleaf badges.....expensive!!
Genuine ALFA 159 TI brushed chrome mirror housings
ALFA 156 Front fogs...clear lenses unlike ugly factory ones.
Additional Volt meter and under bonnet temp gauge.
Red dash/door trim.
Dash mounted Android SatNav with integrated Torque Pro and DPF and exhaust gas temp monitor
Handles like is on rails, next to no body roll and as sharp as any front driver I've driven...great fun!

To do
A pillar mounted gauges to show oil temp and pressure (parts in garage waiting!)
Possible change to tan leather interior.
Upgraded turbo (the intercooler, water meth and custom maps have all been leading to this) Target 280 to 300 bhp....500mn of torque....that's more than a 318 V8 and at much lower revs....not bad for 1956cc four pot diesel!!!

70 sublime

I was wondering how long it was going to take you alfaitalia to block out all your license plate pictures of your car  :nana:  :nana:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

alfaitalia

LOl...yeah I missed one. Don't know why I bother really....its can be seen on the road most days by just about anyone!! Just seems to be the done thing over here where the plate lives with the car from birth till scrappage!!

Slowpoke

worked on my 1982 J-10 the moss covered wonder today.
pulled and replace the engine in 4 hours today to fix a flex plate issue.
truck hasn't run in 17 years hope to fix that soon.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

krops cars

When I was younger I used one that had the Levi interior to haul wood.

ACUDANUT

I have never had a Good V8 jeep engine..Ever.