News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwick68

65 Coupe Deville, soft spot for 60s Caddys
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

qwick68

Beautiful, mine is going to be my driver, take it to work, the store, leave it outside in the rain.....I'm so excited
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Vegas_Nick

I took my non-Mopar project out and stretched her legs this past weekend:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tcs69rt

Double damn! Hope the landing was okay!   :cheers:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: tcs69rt on February 14, 2017, 12:36:54 PM
Double damn! Hope the landing was okay!   :cheers:

hahah Yeah. Plenty of suspension underneath for it. 2.5" reservoir shocks. Like I said...another money pit.  ;D

tcs69rt

Don't be jealous of this badass 1955 Vespa 125cc I grabbed in 2006 while stationed in Italy. It's a 2 stroke, 3 speed monster that will hit 37 MPH with my 175 lbs ass on it!  I rebuilt the motor with the Italians 10 years ago before I came back stateside. Time to tear it down this spring and attempt my own body work.  :cheers:

Dino

Love it! Had loads of Vespas and Lambrettas.  :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tcs69rt

66 Stingray on the ranch up the street from me sat quiet for 15+ years in the garage. The 65 yr old female owner asked if I would take a look and see what a garage would charge her to get it on the road again. I asked if she had a service manual and she ordered me one. Took me about 6 months of evening and weekend work but it was worth it seeing her smile and drive it again around her ranch again. 327 car with 4-speed and removable hardtop.....only 42,000 miles on it. Now I just maintain it for her and keep it running.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

That's cool! I love that generation of Corvette.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BDF

'63 Willys 4x4 wagon. But...it does have a 440/727 + NP200 + 9 5/8" Dodge corporate axels w/ ARB air lockers & 4 wheel disc brakes. The brakes are GM truck units though so does it count as non-MOPAR?
I've always called it my "JEEP"
:shruggy:

VegasCharger

Quote from: BDF on February 15, 2017, 09:57:55 PM
'63 Willys 4x4 wagon. But...it does have a 440/727 + NP200 + 9 5/8" Dodge corporate axels w/ ARB air lockers & 4 wheel disc brakes. The brakes are GM truck units though so does it count as non-MOPAR?
I've always called it my "JEEP"
:shruggy:

Pic requested by BDF..... :popcrn:

VegasCharger

more pics..... :popcrn:

BDF

Thanks again Bryan!  :cheers:
It's as Mopar as can be while still being Willys!

Tilar

My non-Mopar project isn't a car, it's a motorcycle. 1974 Honda CL360. Started on it a couple years ago. I got it from my brother who said it was only running on one cylinder after it warmed up. Turned out one of the coils was breaking down. Someone had done a crappy paint job on the tank and covers. Tank was trashed anyway so I bought another good tank and a couple good covers since the old ones were broke.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

Almost finished product... I even restored the emblems lol...those were a bitch. Still have to get a new horn and one muffler.
Dave  

moparstuart

:drool5: My 1931 Nash 3 window coupe  Its still Mopar Motivated  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

6 two barrel carbs  on a progressive linkage set up  , 1800 CFM at full throttle its suicide
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYQP-RlLv50&t=54s       

Tilar

I always liked the old El Camino's, up until the early 70's.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

ACUDANUT

Working on my 1964 M-151 Jeep. Built by Ford. Vietnam era. Used in Active Duty, until 1988 when the HMMVW came out.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 02, 2017, 09:16:38 AM
Working on my 1964 M-151 Jeep. Built by Ford. Vietnam era. Used in Active Duty, until 1988 when the HMMVW came out.
no pics???

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on July 02, 2017, 09:41:04 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 02, 2017, 09:16:38 AM
no pics???

Only on my phone Stu. I am too dumb to learn how to post correct size photo's here.
But I did save 15 percent on my auto insurance.

73rallye440magnum

'66 GTO that has been in my in-laws machine shed for a long time, and a field car prior to that. Rusty WI car.

I bought this for my wife last year. Dragging it to my garage soon and will make a pounder out of it for awhile. Real 389 4 speed 3.55 differential.

Drivetrain MIA so it's getting whatever dilapidated engine/trans combo I can zip tie together from the Pontiac graveyard that I married into.

This was the first time it saw daylight in over twenty years I think.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8