News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your best teardown find?

Started by Vegas_Nick, January 15, 2017, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegas_Nick

I think I scored about $1.25 in 1980's dated coins, an old thimble, a poker chip, a ball from a bingo game, and what looked like a sales ad for the speed control option. Not exactly going to win the lotto with this.

Anyone "strike it rich" with findings after they bought the car?

tan top

best find  , my chargers  Broadcast sheet  , behind the rear seat back

few dimes in the gas tank ,  a GM key inside the  deck lid  ,  fish hooks & swivels down between the lower rear quarters & the trunk floor extensions/ drop downs , & a Disney land spoon , cant remember if it was under the rear seat or,  down ,  same place as the hooks , a pipe cutter , that was right up under the dash ,  :shruggy:   how it got there , who  knows   :scratchchin: , think might well of been one or two other things too  , but cant remember
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Daytona R/T SE

Rolling papers, roach clips, a couple of petrified joints in the rear armrest ashtray, several condoms and a French tickler.  ;)

Damn... I miss the '70's :apimp:

polywideblock

a huge bag of REALLY dry REALLY old seedy as hell weed ,looked like it had been stuffed up behind the glove box back in 1970 something  ( old pre ziplock sandwich bag) and was forgotten about 
was reverently cremated in honour of the better generation  ;)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: tan top on January 15, 2017, 08:22:21 PM
best find  , my chargers  Broadcast sheet  , behind the rear seat back

I did find what was left of mine but it turned to powder with any touch.  :'(

70 sublime

I think I would call this my most interesting found thing (so far)

The green 70 Charger I used to have had a 440 in it when I got it
When the motor was running slow it had a jingle to it
Thought the rockers were loose
Nope
This little trophy had gone down the carb (before I bought the car) and was bouncing around the intake on top of the valve  :rotz:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: polywideblock on January 16, 2017, 02:45:42 AM
a huge bag of REALLY dry REALLY old seedy as hell weed ,looked like it had been stuffed up behind the glove box back in 1970 something  ( old pre ziplock sandwich bag) and was forgotten about 
was reverently cremated in honour of the better generation  ;)

Perfect! :)

RCCDrew

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 16, 2017, 09:33:54 AM
I think I would call this my most interesting found thing (so far)

The green 70 Charger I used to have had a 440 in it when I got it
When the motor was running slow it had a jingle to it
Thought the rockers were loose
Nope
This little trophy had gone down the carb (before I bought the car) and was bouncing around the intake on top of the valve  :rotz:
That's luck, that you didn't get that down the valve. I found a Polaroid pic of a naked woman from the neck down, but  :eek2:

Bad B-rad

Under the seat of my 66 Charger I found a stack of about 75 pictures of NUDE chicks. (Before the internet)I would guess 7 to nine different women most about 8+ (out of 10)there were two nastry,jail bait chicks. The hot as women looked like strippers that were maybe paid to take these photos with each other and this one dude who was in 30% of the pictures. And this was back in the day when you had to get photos developed by like photo hut,or CVS or some thing, remember. Drop off the negative and then go pick them up the next day. They were the glossy 3X5 or something like that. The Nasty crack whore jail bait ones were polaroid's. Maybe 15 were doubles. So My old man and I found that, still have the photos in an old tool box in the shop.
And in a 1973 Challenger the trunk was FULL of alternators, starters, and carbs. I mean it was FULL,100's of them, well out of the carbs there was a 1970 six pack setup 0ff a 440. The center carb had a small chip in the choke tower, but that's it. I sold them on ebay for $1100 BUCKS. I still have a bunch of Carters for 383 and 440's from 68,69,70.
I hope to find more cool stuff in cars I have yet to buy!!!!!

birdsandbees

I keep looking for the wife's virginity in the back seat of the 'Bee... but apparently once it's gone.. it's gone !! Oh well, at least she's still with me 37 years later..   :slap:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 16, 2017, 09:35:56 PM
I keep looking for the wife's virginity in the back seat of the 'Bee... but apparently once it's gone.. it's gone !! Oh well, at least she's still with me 37 years later..   :slap:

Well maybe if you had taken pictures .....
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69rtse4spd

69 Q5, S.E., first car I bought at 16 ( still got it) found a .45 1911 under the front seat, with a full clip, called the cops. Well the gun was a fake, barrel not drilled all the way, but the cop said he would take the clip, fine by me.     

RallyeMike

Neat topic. I have always enjoyed counting up the tear down finds and decocting the change total from what I paid!

The coolest find I ever had was from my 72 Roadrunner which was found under the carpet. It was an inspection report which indicated defects in the body finish - I suppose the car then went back somewhere for corrections before being shipped out. I have never seen another one.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 17, 2017, 10:50:12 PM
Neat topic. I have always enjoyed counting up the tear down finds and decocting the change total from what I paid!

The coolest find I ever had was from my 72 Roadrunner which was found under the carpet. It was an inspection report which indicated defects in the body finish - I suppose the car then went back somewhere for corrections before being shipped out. I have never seen another one.

That is an odd one. Never even heard of that.

Vegas_Nick

I think the most awesome thing that I have found, although not car related was in the door post behind the pilots seat of a 1965 Bell UH-1 Huey. We were restoring it and when I opened up an inspection panel there I found about 50 old pull tabs from what I assumed had to be the crew chief's beer cans.