News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parts car superbird for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, January 16, 2017, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4ya

Quote from: wingcar builder on July 10, 2017, 08:44:34 PM
Might have. but I'm sure we know a lot of the same people in this area. On another note, Any idea where the purple Superbird on Route 8 near Butler went? Ray tried to buy that car for a long time no sale . One day while trucking he went by and it was gone.

I know where the Purple bird sat years ago, but I don't know where it ended up. There were 2 other birds just a few miles from there also. I looked at one of them, a orange car that had been painted Petty blue, and another that I never laid eyes on. The one I never had the chance to see was a yellow car said to have very low mileage. Don't know where these cars went either, but I know a fellow that could probably fill us in. BTW, do you know of the yard Ray pulled the rolled bird out of ?       

mopar4ya

Quote from: 62 Max on July 11, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on July 10, 2017, 09:51:13 PM
The parts car Bird was likely owned by the late Earl Dull.  He seems to have passed in 1998.  He had more than one Bird. 

Not the same car.

As in not the custom painted bird pictured in this thread?

62 Max

Quote from: mopar4ya on July 13, 2017, 08:35:17 PM
The parts car Bird was likely owned by the late Earl Dull.  He seems to have passed in 1998.  He had more than one Bird. 

Not the same car.

Dan,
You know I'm getting old and senile !! ::)

mopar4ya

Quote from: 62 Max on July 13, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: mopar4ya on July 13, 2017, 08:35:17 PM

Not the same car.

Dan,
You know I'm getting old and senile !! ::)

I just figured with all the knowledge that you have, some of it over flowed and escaped. I just wish I knew 1/2 of what you forgot over the years!

Dan.

wingcar builder

Quote from: mopar4ya on July 13, 2017, 08:33:49 PM
Quote from: wingcar builder on July 10, 2017, 08:44:34 PM
Might have. but I'm sure we know a lot of the same people in this area. On another note, Any idea where the purple Superbird on Route 8 near Butler went? Ray tried to buy that car for a long time no sale . One day while trucking he went by and it was gone.

I know where the Purple bird sat years ago, but I don't know where it ended up. There were 2 other birds just a few miles from there also. I looked at one of them, a orange car that had been painted Petty blue, and another that I never laid eyes on. The one I never had the chance to see was a yellow car said to have very low mileage. Don't know where these cars went either, but I know a fellow that could probably fill us in. BTW, do you know of the yard Ray pulled the rolled bird out of ?       

I knew of an Orange one that sat in the weeds back in the 80's north of Titusville off a dirt road. Tried buying it back then but no dice. That car is alive and well today in Titusville still owned by a guy named Scott who owns a logging company and had Huffman restore it bout 10 years ago.  The only other blue one I knew of was also in Titusville. The owner of the old Daly and Cogan Chevrolet bought one for his son I believe. That car was restored about 20 years ago but I don't know it's where abouts. There was a lot of wing in this area back then. The Ohio valley was really flooded with other muscle cars as well. Back when Ray had his cars I could count about 10 or 11 wings in a 50 mile radius here. Ray's good friend Reed bought his Blue Superbird at Jim Sarvas Dodge in Greenville. That car sat behind his trailer in the bushes to before he sold it did Ray ever tell you about that one?. as for the yard was that Scoffield's auto wrecking? I was told he had a wrecked one years ago to.

Mytur Binsdirti

It was at Carlisle this weekend...................

nascarxx29

Ed fanning as I recall had a junkyard Superbird project car think he was from pa also
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Stevetona

How much did he want for this "parts" car? Assuming there's a useable part on it. Wonder if the VIN and body numbers will resurface someday?

djcarguy

aerolith

Unusual to see a 'trailer' with more value than the car sitting on it? :slap: :smilielol: :'(

Even more than a Birdie... :scratchchin:

V code 4-speed, we don't need Sherlock or Poirot to work out where the numbers are... :shruggy: :think: :patrol:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

XS29J

hope its not this one  found this on a 70 orange coupe years ago