News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this a correct '68 Charger Steering wheel?

Started by challenger70, January 17, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger70

Is the attached a correct '68 Charger steering wheel?  I don't really see many/any with this wheel.  I just want to make sure before I send it out for restoration and part 2-who does a good job restoring these?  My car is a pretty early car if that helps.  What color should the wheel be? woodgrain?  I have a black interior.  This is just a pic I found, not my car.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

Troy

That wheel is just black (or interior color if it was blue, green, etc.). I'm not sure I'd pay to "restore" one when there should be plenty available as it was the standard wheel on a lot of stuff. Is it cracked? The horn parts can rust I suppose.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

challenger70

Good to know Troy, and I am not exactly in love with it either,  mine looks like the far left one from the brochure ODZKing posted, but it has an different looking center cap with a fratzog on it and all metal, I will take a pic when I get home.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

challenger70

Here is my wheel, is this factory for a '68 charger?  
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

ODZKing

Quote from: challenger70 on January 17, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Here is my wheel, is this factory for a '68 charger?  
Actually the center cap you posted looks like 66-67 B body Coronet and Charger. But they could have used them as you mentioned it was an early build, anything is possible.
My 67 has 68 style wing window handles.   :shruggy:

timmycharger

68 RT

Yes that is correct. Mine came with one mine was interior color (green).