News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cut Blue Console

Started by Arbitrage123, January 21, 2017, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbitrage123

I bought a 1968 Charger RT and am trying to bring the car back to the "original" blue interior. Unfortunately the previous owner cut the center console tip to fit a below the dash AC unit. Since it is one piece of plastic I do not think it is salvageable. Does anyone have any ideas? Alternatively, I was thinking of getting the reproduction console plastic and having it painted blue. Does anyone know the best way to do this or have any paint codes? Thanks

-B

Dino

IF you have the cut off piece and a thin blade was used then you can plastic weld it back together, but reproducing the grain is near impossible so I don't know if I'd even try. I'd place an ad here on the board for a nice used console or look on ebay.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Arbitrage123

Quote from: Dino on January 21, 2017, 12:41:56 PM
IF you have the cut off piece and a thin blade was used then you can plastic weld it back together, but reproducing the grain is near impossible so I don't know if I'd even try. I'd place an ad here on the board for a nice used console or look on ebay.

The cut piece is long gone. Looks like the search is on.

twenty mike mike

Looks like Bahama Blue for the console. The chart only calls out a console color for the Dart, but the Charger and Dart share the same blue interior colors, with different grains, so I figure the console should be the same color as the Dart.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1968ColorAndTrim-01.shtml

I got a reproduction console, so I'll have to paint it.