News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof Charger

Started by stuntman mike, September 20, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtajunk

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 03, 2016, 02:20:10 AM
Not if he is dead.
Not if he is in jail.
Not if he sold the car and doesn't care.
Not if he changed his email address.
You'd have better luck chasing a unicorn.

It MIGHT bring him back. Why are you so interested anyway? There must be plenty of other stuff here to comment on  :rotz:

ps. I spoke to him!

lukedukem

Does he still have the car then. I'd like to ask him what size tires they used on the movie cars.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Montclaire

I'm still interested in a VIN list of these cars...

rtajunk

Quote from: lukedukem on January 06, 2016, 09:10:44 PM
Does he still have the car then. I'd like to ask him what size tires they used on the movie cars.

Luke

Yes he still has the car in his collection.

lukedukem

Quote from: rtajunk on January 12, 2016, 07:34:16 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on January 06, 2016, 09:10:44 PM

Luke

Yes he still has the car in his collection.

Can you ask him what size tires his car has on it. id like to find out what the size were for the movie cars.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Kern Dog

Quote from: Cooter on October 01, 2009, 11:33:46 AM
Tarantino wasn't trying to make a movie that made any sense with Death Proof and Grindhouse planet Terror..He was paying tribute to the Other GREAT movies that ALSO woulda sucked today if not for the great car chases..I mean, has ANYBODY actually looked for a meaning and plot to "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry? It's the dumbest movie until the car chase. Vanishing point? What was so great about a drug addicted Car thief racing across country to deliver a stolen 1970 Dodge Challenger in 1971?

None of them made any sense, but then again, that's how a Cult classic is born......

Okay... I have to respond here even though Cooter doesn't come around much anymore.
DMCL was actually a decent flick. Not Oscar worthy but still a decent movie. Two dirtbag guys are short on cash, long on guts. They want and need money to fund their Circle Track racing team so they rob a grocery store to get the money.
Vanishing Point was a better movie in my opinion. First off, the car was NOT stolen. He worked for a car delivery service. Second, the movie was released in 1971, filming was done in 1970.
Vanishing point was better than you know. Here is a guy that had dealt with one failure after another. Careers that didn't pan out, a wife that died in a surfing accident and living in a culture where loners were deemed outcasts. He had to get home, Back to San Francisco. Nothing was going to stop him ...except a pair of bulldozers. The light shining in between the dozer blades was his "Vanishing Point", the place in his destiny where he would leave the current world and all of his troubles behind. Good bye to sadness and heartbreak, hello to the next world.

HANDM

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 31, 2017, 04:47:26 AM
Quote from: Cooter on October 01, 2009, 11:33:46 AM
Tarantino wasn't trying to make a movie that made any sense with Death Proof and Grindhouse planet Terror..He was paying tribute to the Other GREAT movies that ALSO woulda sucked today if not for the great car chases..I mean, has ANYBODY actually looked for a meaning and plot to "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry? It's the dumbest movie until the car chase. Vanishing point? What was so great about a drug addicted Car thief racing across country to deliver a stolen 1970 Dodge Challenger in 1971?

None of them made any sense, but then again, that's how a Cult classic is born......

Okay... I have to respond here even though Cooter doesn't come around much anymore.
DMCL was actually a decent flick. Not Oscar worthy but still a decent movie. Two dirtbag guys are short on cash, long on guts. They want and need money to fund their Circle Track racing team so they rob a grocery store to get the money.
Vanishing Point was a better movie in my opinion. First off, the car was NOT stolen. He worked for a car delivery service. Second, the movie was released in 1971, filming was done in 1970.
Vanishing point was better than you know. Here is a guy that had dealt with one failure after another. Careers that didn't pan out, a wife that died in a surfing accident and living in a culture where loners were deemed outcasts. He had to get home, Back to San Francisco. Nothing was going to stop him ...except a pair of bulldozers. The light shining in between the dozer blades was his "Vanishing Point", the place in his destiny where he would leave the current world and all of his troubles behind. Good bye to sadness and heartbreak, hello to the next world.

And at the final moment the car magically transforms into a camaro  :lol:

68pplcharger

Well back to the OP topic... Cool car 6+ years later...  :icon_smile_big:

Bad B-rad

[/quote]

[/quote]

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I love the org V.P. GREAT movie, even the remake is good. I said good not great.I also really like Death Proof. IMO
both good flicks. I have only watched some of DMCL as I do not have a copy, I know, I know I really should have a copy of this movie, but I don't. I do have the org VP on VHS. Then the collectors edition on DVD, with alt ending, totally changes the movie. Also have collector edtion of ORG-Gone in 60 sec.  Any way I will get DMCL, and Death Proof is a good flick.