News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger steering column

Started by 73charger440, January 24, 2017, 07:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

When I bought my car it was a basket case of misc parts. I have two 73 floorshift columns one  is in decent shape but is missing the coupler that connects to the gear box, I think some call it a rag joint type  round at the end.The other is a swivel style coupling square at the end and has been welded on and fab up at some time. And then i have one column shift column. My question is can one useable floor shift column be made from all this crap?

ODZKing

Not sure if you are the same as posted over at B bodies but if the one missing the rag joint IS a 73 column, it will work and the "puck" can be purchased OR use a hockey puck.
My only concern in using a hockey puck is that it is right next to the exhaust manifold and rubber, no matter how hard is rubber.  Eventually it will get soft.
Here are the pics from mine. What mine looked like when I removed it, the new one and a hockey puck. The newer ones are powder coated to prevent it from deteriorating.  The old ones had metal inside.