News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 / Daytona headliner instal

Started by C500, April 16, 2021, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hey folks, does anyone have any pics of the instal for a head liner, around the sail panel area? I have a new one from legendary, came with the thick cardboard panels that sit against the sail panel. Is it also supposed to have the 2 short rods on each side, like a regular charger / R/T? These go across the sail panel, into the tubular clips. Pics below.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

white

Hello. This video might help you out. I had someone install my headliner while I was at work. Did not get any pictures and this was 15 years ago.Link to video.Watch "Installation - Bow-type Headliner, Part 2 - Installation and Finishing" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/KJU6m1ZkwQg

white

green69rt

Quote from: C500 on April 16, 2021, 03:41:02 PM
Hey folks, does anyone have any pics of the instal for a head liner, around the sail panel area? I have a new one from legendary, came with the thick cardboard panels that sit against the sail panel. Is it also supposed to have the 2 short rods on each side, like a regular charger / R/T? These go across the sail panel, into the tubular clips. Pics below.

My only contribution is to make sure those short bows are well attached!  One of mine pulled out while I was installing the liner and was a bear to get back in place.  If it happened after the install was finished I don't know how you would fix it except to redo the whole liner.

panhead

69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

hemi68charger

Thanks to Curt.

These two items; the cardboard panel and rod... Are they installed in the 500's and Daytonas upon Creatives' installation of the new headliner? I did not have these two under my headliner when I disassembled the car last year, but want to make sure it should, or shouldn't, come with them...

I'm getting ready to jump into the deep end of the pool and try the installation of the headliner myself...

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Quote from: green69rt on May 10, 2021, 12:53:50 PM
Quote from: C500 on April 16, 2021, 03:41:02 PM

My only contribution is to make sure those short bows are well attached!  One of mine pulled out while I was installing the liner and was a bear to get back in place.  If it happened after the install was finished I don't know how you would fix it except to redo the whole liner.

thanks - your threads are very handy too  :cheers: I dont think the 500 / Daytona has the short bows across the sail panels. I'll check soon if my new headliner has the slot for them... pretty sure it doesn't

C500

Quote from: white on May 10, 2021, 09:11:22 AM
Hello. This video might help you out. I had someone install my headliner while I was at work. Did not get any pictures and this was 15 years ago.Link to video.Watch "Installation - Bow-type Headliner, Part 2 - Installation and Finishing" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/KJU6m1ZkwQg
Quote from: white on May 10, 2021, 09:18:56 AM
Part 1 of video of headliner removal.https://youtu.be/b1j8QbkHLZc

:cheers:

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 11, 2021, 12:21:50 PM
Thanks to Curt.

These two items; the cardboard panel and rod... Are they installed in the 500's and Daytonas upon Creatives' installation of the new headliner? I did not have these two under my headliner when I disassembled the car last year, but want to make sure it should, or shouldn't, come with them...

I'm getting ready to jump into the deep end of the pool and try the installation of the headliner myself...

Cheers,
Troy

They weren't installed in mine either, and the headliner was original. The year-one headliner for 500 / Tona comes with the cardboard panel. Mine is getting installed next week.

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on May 11, 2021, 03:33:01 PM
... Mine is getting installed next week.

Do you have any detailed pictures of how the headliner material was attached/clued to the package tray? I do not believe the 500/Daytona had the Superbird retaining rod that secured the headliner material to the steel package tray.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 11, 2021, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: C500 on May 11, 2021, 03:33:01 PM
... Mine is getting installed next week.

Do you have any detailed pictures of how the headliner material was attached/clued to the package tray? I do not believe the 500/Daytona had the Superbird retaining rod that secured the headliner material to the steel package tray.....

I think you're right on the rods. My 500 had 3 of the 4 rod 'ends' in the sail panel, probably due to its first life as an R/T. I cleaned my package tray back to bare metal, but do remember there was quite a lot of glue on the sides of the package tray and base of the pillars where the headliner was glued down... in a very 'streaky' messy kinda application.

C500