News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which is correct for my spare?

Started by r4daytona, February 23, 2017, 10:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I took these pics at a friends. As most of you know by know I havent figured out all the code stuff. (if it was coins I'd be your guy) Anyway, are any of these three wheels good for my spare? My car was built 6/16/69
Here is wheel #1

r4daytona

wheel #2

r4daytona

wheel #3

moparnation74

4 tabs for poverty caps is 69 up....68 and down had 3 tabs

However, the date is by the valve stem......

6bblgt

flat centered 14" wheels are usually 1970 & newer

a 1969 Charger (R/T & Daytona included) would've had the 14x5.5" W25 - "H.D. steel wheel" STANDARD

- pictured is a correct January 13, 1969 example w/3-"tabs" (just dated a few months too early)

6bblgt

14x5 1/2" JK

M3/9 - Motor Wheel Corp. plant #3 / 1969

date stamp around the valve stem 1 -o- 13 (1/13) & width 5.5 (5-1/2")

this wheel will not clear the new for 1970 sliding front brake calipers

moparnation74

Every 69 rim and above I ran across have been 4 tabs.....That is interesting you have a 3 tab with a 69 date...try to find five 3 tabs in that date for a whole car...

My 69 X build date of 10/68 has a 4 tab rim dated 10/68...

6bblgt

Quote from: moparnation74 on February 24, 2017, 12:06:45 AM
Every 69 rim and above I ran across have been 4 tabs.....That is interesting you have a 3 tab with a 69 date...try to find five 3 tabs in that date for a whole car...

My 69 X build date of 10/68 has a 4 tab rim dated 10/68...

is it an LA built car? what manufacturer & plant info is on the wheel?

6bblgt

the above wheel was the spare in a "spring special" '69  383 Charger - the 4 on the car were M39 2 -o- 5 5.5 (I sold the set of 4 & still have the spare)

moparnation74

6bblgt

That is good info and thanks for sharing those pics, nice rims btw...Wish you sill had them I would have bought those from you....My X was built at the lynch rd assembly.  The rims are being painted as we speak and when I get them back.  I can send you a pic if you want to see it.....

The steelies are a literal PITA to find good ones and compounding that with the correct dated ones....

r4daytona

ok, still confused .. what about this one??

6bblgt

It appear to be of the correct shape, but it's the first '68-'69 wheel I've seen with a "B" Manufacturer Plant code ***** best "guess" BUDD Industries  :shruggy:

if correct - B1/8 would be - Budd Industries Plant #1 1968

the dates inside the wheel are usually random, but  the two "9"s could represent September 9 (9-9-68?)

the sixth hole is a left over detail from the '67 model year - are there any stampings by the valve stem?

r4daytona

don't know, forgot to get that pic but I will be back there next week and will try to get one. I'll be sanding some dirt and rust so hopefully the date is there.  Now if that rim in my last pic is a later 68, would that be acceptable for my car with a june 69 build date or is that too far in advance?