News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Family Has No Idea What Caused House Fire until Investigators Take Another Look

Started by Paul G, February 01, 2017, 06:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

XH29N0G

:yesnod: We don't usually think about those things.  My parents had a glass sculpture that charred an arc into a table on which it sat, all from the movement of the Sun.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

There is probably a website somewhere that lists the strange and unique cases like this. I'm talking about insurance cases, strange damage claims, etc.

Mytur Binsdirti

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bakerhillpins

Yes, as stupid as it sounds it DOES happen. I've got firsthand experience with a structure fire that started because of the sun reflecting off of a sunroom on a house.  Was on the house for years but finally the right combination of time of year, time of day (angle of sun), outside temps, snow pack, and cloud cover. Was on the house for 20 something years IIRC. After the investigation the homeowner discovered that there was actually a recall out for the sunroom for this exact reason.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Laowho

Baker, we've seen your thumbnail around ever since we began researchin the Chargers. Is that flag painted on, and do you have other shots? Probly has to be one of the best flags we've ever seen.

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Laowho on March 21, 2017, 06:30:31 AM

Baker, we've seen your thumbnail around ever since we began researchin the Chargers. Is that flag painted on, and do you have other shots? Probly has to be one of the best flags we've ever seen.

Not painted on, just some photos I snapped of my new to me Charger on Sept 11, '11 when I hung the flag on the barn in the AM. I noticed the reflection and started playing around. I'll PM you a link to more pics and your welcome to them for personal use only.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.