News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2010 Charger Fuel Pump Replaement Does Gas Tank Need to be BELOW 1/2

Started by 10chargers, February 03, 2017, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010 Charger  Fuel Pump Replacement.  Will gas spill out if tank is 3/4 full when fuel pump is removed?

yes
1 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

10chargers

Need to change fuel Pump on 2010 charger.  I have 19 gallon gas tank 3/4 Full with gas. Will gas come out of gas tank when the fuel pump  is removed.  I have heard gas tank needs to be less than 1/2  or gas will spill out?  True?   it is 3/4 full is it safe to take off Fuel pump?  Thanks for time in advance  Mike

68 RT

No, but you will get some gas dripping off the pump. Make sure you disconnect battery first!

70B5Cuda

The fuel pump assembly is accessed by removing the rear seat lower cushion. I think you should be ok with it at 3/4 tank although 1/2 or less is more ideal. You could always open the tank and then siphon some out to get the fuel level lower.

If you need a pump I've got a low mileage one. I've parted out more then 40 SRT8's so I keep spares of just about everything.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

10chargers

I purchased the 2 Pumps ( left and right ) from dealer ($380 total)  sounds like a lot but got a good Deal for NEW DEALER parts.  This is probably the only part I would not put in aftermarket(GAS vs Cheap Electric Motors) no thanks $59 aftermarket).  At 3/4 full gas tank the gas was up to the top of the tank where the fuel pump comes out but was not overflowing.  Having a tough time getting the retainer rings to lock back into palace. :brickwall: :brickwall:  Do not want to hit ring too hard to puncture plastic gas tank below it.   Check youtube for videos if attempting yourself.    Thanks for your help in the posts !