News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Fuel Line Installation

Started by fivejah, February 03, 2017, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivejah

Having a heck of a time trying to figure put how to install a new fuel line on my 68 Charger.  Bought a pre-bent line from Classic.  Does anyone have a picture of the underside showing where the line goes from the tank to the fuel pump or any hints to make this easier?  Thanks!

Dino

I've got a few pictures in this thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,105911.msg1281062.html#msg1281062

I had my car on tall jack stands with the rear axle all the way down. They were a bit tricky to get it because of their length. It probably wouldn't have worked with the car on the ground.

Basically the line(s) go over the axle and then you need to stick them through the crossmember hole. If you look up pics of underside on really clean cars like the gold one posted recently in Charger discussion, you can see how it's supposed to go.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

gtx6970

Get the body as high off the ground as you can. remove the right rear wheel ( left rear if doing the brake line as well )
Snake the long straight section of the line thru the hole in the cross member - ( pass side ) moving it forward till the ends of the line are just about even with the fuel pump on the engine. Then  snake the rear section of the lines up and over the right rear leaf spring if its in the car. Basically wrapping it around the rear frame rail in the right rear wheel house area .

If needed email me and I can snap off some pictures of any area you need. I'm doing a 1968 Charger RT right now. And I just put all the brake and fuel lines in a few weeks ago.

JR

I'll disconnect the right rear shock from the axle also. It makes it alot easier.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green