News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Experiences/Opinions/Altenative Charger Specialties electric headlight actuators

Started by challenger70, February 06, 2017, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger70

I'd like to hear some experiences with these.  They seem like a great alternative to all the tubing/cans/problems with the vacuum setup.  Is there something better as far as conversions for '68's?   They are a little pricey, but the time/money to redo/refurbish my vacuum setup, the price isn't a huge concern.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

WHITE AND RED 69

Some people have made their own setups but I installed the charger specialties kit on mine. As far as I know they are the only ones making a kit. Install was straight forward and worked great. The controller fits nicely under the battery tray and then only 3 wires to hook up.

You have to make sure there is no interference anywhere. On mine the vacuum setup could pull past a small section where the door rubbed the inside bezel but the electric would stick.

One thing to note, on the website they show a billet actuator bracket but all of them are now plastic.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster