News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seller to refuse a potential buyer.....

Started by VegasCharger, February 07, 2017, 06:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Ran across this Craigslist ad while searching for Plymouths in the LA area.
This guy has a rare (lol) 1985 Plymouth Caravelle and claims it's the last one in California.
WTF? How does he know it's the last one? Is there a Plymouth Caravelle registry?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Anyway my point is that the seller states in his listing that he quotes "The seller reserves the right to deny a sale to any idiot we think may trash the car. This car is historical and too nice for that."

Hey I know this is a rare car (and just because it's rare doesn't mean it's valuable) and they may have their "special" club but give me an FN break. Refuse a potential buyer because they don't show interest? Because they might trash the car? How about NOT selling the car if you're so damn worried about it. Are you that desperate for 3 thousand dollars? Ooooh your precious Chrysler K car club, to taint it by trashing a 1985 model. What if the buyer puts on a good act (after reading the ad requirements) and represents a solid candidate to own the car. Then later he or she makes a video of it being shoved over a cliff and then posting it on-line. :smilielol: :smilielol:

Seller could wind up being stuck with the '85 because he turned down the first three potential buyers that didn't pass the test. :nana: :nana:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5988696338.html

:cheers:

Lennard

Aero426

The guy listing the car seems to be well meaning, but a bit of a nut job.   If you are on Facebook,  look up Chrysler K Car Club, or Guy Coulombe.    It is often comical entertainment on various K-car related misadventures.  

For some reason,  Guy lists cars (sometimes belonging to others) on CL as the "LAST" one.   It's a little weird.  

JR

The fact that a K car club exists at all proves there really is an ass for every seat.

Wow.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Sublime/Sixpack

I can understand not wanting to sell a car to a buyer that would trash it. But the person that wrote the add should learn what tact is and how to use it.
After reading that ad I'm almost tempted to drive down there, buy the car then beat the crap out of it.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

green69rt

Quote from: JR on February 07, 2017, 10:43:57 AM
The fact that a K car club exists at all proves there really is an ass for every seat.

Wow.
:yesnod:

cbrestorations

i see a couple of those fugly worthless cars at just about every big mopar event....for those who own them....NO ONE CARES

DAY CLONA

100% restored?...wonder how much coin he has into it to be worth only $3100  :smilielol: I'd love to have the coin to waste on that shitbox, buy it, then run it in the local demolition derby, then register it with his K club, and take it to a few of their shows afterwards, just for kicks

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

RCCDrew

I'd totally own a Shelby Charger or GLHS Omni

Baldwinvette77

alot of people seem to confuse "Classic" with "old"  :lol:

Aero426

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 07, 2017, 11:57:02 AM
i see a couple of those fugly worthless cars at just about every big mopar event....for those who own them....NO ONE CARES

I can certainly appreciate them, if not for the shock value that a few have survived in good condition.   I hav eno desire to own one.  But they are part of the story of Chrysler.     They saved the company.    

JB400

With 72k on the odometer, it's just broke in.  But, I believe everyone has a right to bright any car they want into a car show. :Twocents:

Kern Dog

Quote from: Aero426 on February 07, 2017, 04:59:46 PM

I can certainly appreciate them, if not for the shock value that a few have survived in good condition.   I hav eno desire to own one.  But they are part of the story of Chrysler.     They saved the company.    

Funny, isn't it? Some of the most boring American cars ever built are responsible for the Mopar name living on to produce REAR wheel drive Hemi cars again!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 07, 2017, 07:56:36 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on February 07, 2017, 04:59:46 PM

I can certainly appreciate them, if not for the shock value that a few have survived in good condition.   I hav eno desire to own one.  But they are part of the story of Chrysler.     They saved the company.    

Funny, isn't it? Some of the most boring American cars ever built are responsible for the Mopar name living on to produce REAR wheel drive Hemi cars again!

I tend to think it was the $1.5 BILLION in taxpayer dollars that was handed over to Chrysler in 1979, along with all the other cash infusions and acquisitions over the decades

RallyeMike

I don't think he has to worry about turning down a buyer at $3k.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 07, 2017, 09:45:29 PM
I tend to think it was the $1.5 BILLION in taxpayer dollars that was handed over to Chrysler in 1979, along with all the other cash infusions and acquisitions over the decades

I agree, I just meant that the K car line was very profitable. It led to the Minivan segment, helping the bottom line even more.

TeeWJay426

If you research that a little more, that 1.5 billion was a loan guarantee that had a lot of strings attached, all of which Chrysler satisfied. By 1983 they had paid back every cent plus 350 million in interest. Not exactly 'handed over'.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

DAY CLONA

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on February 08, 2017, 08:54:39 AM

If you research that a little more, that 1.5 billion was a loan guarantee that had a lot of strings attached, all of which Chrysler satisfied. By 1983 they had paid back every cent plus 350 million in interest. Not exactly 'handed over'.

Lets say they never got that loan... chances are they'd would have been bought out, or dismantled, or both

tan top

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 07, 2017, 06:46:11 AM
Ran across this Craigslist ad while searching for Plymouths in the LA area.
This guy has a rare (lol) 1985 Plymouth Caravelle and claims it's the last one in California.
WTF? How does he know it's the last one? Is there a Plymouth Caravelle registry?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Anyway my point is that the seller states in his listing that he quotes "The seller reserves the right to deny a sale to any idiot we think may trash the car. This car is historical and too nice for that."

Hey I know this is a rare car (and just because it's rare doesn't mean it's valuable) and they may have their "special" club but give me an FN break. Refuse a potential buyer because they don't show interest? Because they might trash the car? How about NOT selling the car if you're so damn worried about it. Are you that desperate for 3 thousand dollars? Ooooh your precious Chrysler K car club, to taint it by trashing a 1985 model. What if the buyer puts on a good act (after reading the ad requirements) and represents a solid candidate to own the car. Then later he or she makes a video of it being shoved over a cliff and then posting it on-line. :smilielol: :smilielol:

Seller could wind up being stuck with the '85 because he turned down the first three potential buyers that didn't pass the test. :nana: :nana:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5988696338.html

:cheers:

:2thumbs:

:scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

That thing is pretty clean.     Looks like it has had an easy life. 

RCCDrew

Actually if you go to a big all Mopar show, the strange birds, like this car or C bodies will garner a lot of attention. Just because there are tons of A,B and E bodies there already.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 08, 2017, 09:43:58 AM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on February 08, 2017, 08:54:39 AM

Lets say they never got that loan... chances are they'd would have been bought out, or dismantled, or both

That is probably true.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

alfaitalia

Quote from: Aero426 on February 08, 2017, 10:38:48 AM
That thing is pretty clean.     Looks like it has had an easy life.  

Probably too embarrassed to be seen driving it in public and kept it hidden in the garage to avoid the pointing and laughing...that is not a pretty car. Mind you there are quite a few ugly US 80s cars....not a great time for car design in the US imo (or some other countries). In the UK they had started to get a little better in design by then..The 70s was when WE produced our real ugly motors! Lol.
Allegros, Maxi's, Princesses, Ambassadors, Marinas, Morris 1100's, Itals, anything built by Talbot...all hideous...go on Google a few and laugh your socks off...like we do at your 80,s stuff...fair is fair after all!

To be fair time that particular car it does look like quite a lot of (ugly) car for not a lot of cash....so it could be cheap, semi classic transport for someone.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Sublime/Sixpack

I've seen much uglier cars than this Plymouth. If I was without a vehicle, needed transportation, and was down on cash I'd look this car over and possibly make an offer. Personally I couldn't care less what other people might think if they saw me driving a clean little K-car. At least it's American made, and it would beat walking!

Kern Dog

Most of the K cars were not exciting but they were solid and reliable.

A383Wing

We had an 88 Reliant that I bought in 1996 for $200...it had a broken flex-plate...bought a new plate for $35....and that little car just kept going & going...my wife drove it for many years, then my kids drove it...I drove it for a long time as well...I finally gave it to our daughter who had some car issues a while back...when I finally got it back, the suspension was shot, windshield was broke, plus a number of other items that added up to not being worth to fix it.

I also have an 88 Shadow that about 3 years ago the little 2.2 and auto trans finally gave up and surrendered, so I took the 2.5 and auto trans out of the Reliant and put it in the Shadow....so the Reliant's heart and soul still live in the Shadow...

I have renewed respect for these little cars

Kern Dog

You didn't sell the car to the circus like with the kids???

That is a funny bit.

A383Wing

The Reliant went to car heaven, the Shadow still resides with us with the drivetrain in it from the Reliant....

The circus didn't want the kids

Kern Dog

odcics2

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 08, 2017, 09:12:05 PM
Most of the K cars were not exciting but they were solid and reliable.

Indeed. I had a K car in the 80s and it had less issues than my Charger that I'd park in the winter!  lol  (in fact it had no issues in the few years I owned it.)
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on February 07, 2017, 10:39:14 AM
The guy listing the car seems to be well meaning, but a bit of a nut job.   If you are on Facebook,  look up Chrysler K Car Club, or Guy Coulombe.    It is often comical entertainment on various K-car related misadventures.  

For some reason,  Guy lists cars (sometimes belonging to others) on CL as the "LAST" one.   It's a little weird.  

Ive known him for a few years through the local car scene. Him and his crew are something else (putting it mildly). You know how there are guys who know every chalkmark on A12 cars? Well these guys are that well versed in their k cars. Theyre passionate for sure, and I can certainly appreciate that. Other than that, generally good folks...pretty harmless.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

VegasCharger

It appears that the CL listing pics were taken at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA. I can tell by the background scenery with the trees and the grass with dirt patches. And also by the placard displayed in the front windshield. So they must take their act there as well.

But to come on strong and state refusal on a suspicious buyer calling them idiots just because they don't know the history of these K cars. What if the guy/gal needs cheap good reliable point A to point B transportation and they have his asking price in cash? And he's going to refuse that buyer?? If it were me I would tell him off.

:cheers: :cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

My folks bought a Reliant new. It was a sharp looking little car, and was good transportation for them. After four or five years they traded it in on a new New Yorker.

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: RCCDrew on February 07, 2017, 12:54:26 PM
I'd totally own a Shelby Charger or GLHS Omni

I bought an '87 Shelby Charger new, it was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Not saying all of them were, but mine was. Almost turned me against Chrysler.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Aero426

I had three L-body fastback Chargers.   Fun cars for the time.    No huge probs.    Also a base 88 Daytona after that.     

Ponch ®

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 10, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
It appears that the CL listing pics were taken at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA. I can tell by the background scenery with the trees and the grass with dirt patches. And also by the placard displayed in the front windshield. So they must take their act there as well.

:cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, is either Spring or Fall Fling. They roll in 10-15 strong every time. Theres even a K Car trophy class. It keeps them happy. Like I said, interesting quirky group, but overall good people.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

Bad B-rad

I think he just said "seller to refuse a potential buyer" it was so that in 6 months, when the car is still for sale, he can claim it is because he could not find a worthy owner vs no one wants to pay that much for this thing.