News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got called "Sir" by 2 pretty girls today.

Started by Kern Dog, February 08, 2017, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Oh man....
I went to the nearby 7-11 today for my morning Big Gulp. I don't like coffee so this is my thing. As I went in the store, two young girls were frantic, asking the 7-11 clerk for advice. Their Impala had overheated and they were wigged out what with lights and alerts going off with it.
"Can you help us ?? I don't know about cars!!"
Well of COURSE I can!
I took a look, it wasn't obvious what was wrong but I figured it needed some water/antifreeze. I told them I lived close by and would be back in a few minutes. I went home and grabbed a few jugs and a thermo-gun. As I rolled back in, a young guy in a "Jiffy Lube" type outfit was there. Now, cute young girls in their 20s probably don't have to wait long to get help. I thought about just waving and letting the young dude help them out but I figured that I offered help and should follow through.
The guy played as if he knew cars but it was clear that he wouldn't have been much help. Poor guy couldn't even find the fill cap.
I topped off the system, cleared the light on the dash, gave them two 1 gallon jugs of water and gave them a little advice. They were very grateful and happy, "Thank you, Sir, thank you so much" a few times....
Oh man. Sir ??? I know that it was a term of respect and appreciation but hearing it from pretty young girls just feels like they are saying YOU are old. YOU are no longer sexy. Get back to the Bingo hall.
I don't feel as old as I am.

68X426

Maybe, just maybe, they grew up military and learned from great parents to respect anyone their senior with a meaningful "sir" salutation.  :patriot:

Or maybe you are just old.

::)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Kern Dog

Well, at 51, I still feel pretty good. Through my eyes I feel half this age.  :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Its not the fact that two young girls called you 'sir' that makes you old, its the fact that two girls talking to you is a life event that is worth posting about here that makes you old.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RECHRGD

At almost 69 and having a mindset of a 20 something, the 50 somethings are now calling me Sir.  I just have to enjoy the respect from some and forget about the babes.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Trulyvintage

I always call women " Miss " or Ma'am " ..... :Twocents:

They seldom do not smile .....  :2thumbs:

Jim  :drive:

alfaitalia

.....probably just too polite to just laugh out loud!!! :smilielol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 08, 2017, 09:55:53 PM
Well, at 51, I still feel pretty good. Through my eyes I feel half this age.  :2thumbs:

I turn 53 next month, and I still think like I'm around 30 or so. I still feel good too, then I look in the mirror, and all that goes out the window, lol. I know being called Sir is about respect, but I don't like it because IT does make you feel old......
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Laowho

Dunno why, just that I saw it go down more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8sW3yF0Zw

and the two girls were later? Don't remember, fortunately.

Lennard

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 08, 2017, 10:04:22 PM
Its not the fact that two young girls called you 'sir' that makes you old, its the fact that two girls talking to you is a life event that is worth posting about here that makes you old.  :icon_smile_big:
It must have been a life changing event... cause he posted the same thing on forbbodiesonly.com and probably a couple more forums. :lol:

Mike DC

Meh.

"Sir" is evidence that she thinks you're too old for her.  

It's not proof that she would never bang you anyway.  

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lennard on February 09, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
It must have been a life changing event... cause he posted the same thing on forbbodiesonly.com and probably a couple more forums. :lol:

Reminds me of a few months ago...I was helping a friend (older, mafioso-but-harmless type guy) take some pics of an M4 he was selling. These two girls who were hanging at the charging station waiting for their Leaf to be charged came over and started talking to us. Turned my "charm" switch on, and short story long, one of them decides she wants to be the car's model.

Anyway, she said she needed $ and would do more modeling if needed. She gave me her email and FB page.

Anyway, while this is going on, i thought my buddy was so excited he was gonna have an "accident" in his pants. To this day he keeps asking me to show him the girls FB page and tells me to call her for more modeling..even though the car sold.

I know, i know...you guys wanna see. Just promise to contain yourselves.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Kern Dog

Life changing? No.  I just thought it was something funny to share with some people. Maybe ugly guys that have never had any luck with women can't relate to this. Maybe the guys that were stupid, poor at sports or academics or spoke with an annoying lisp never got close enough to a pretty girl. If you never had it, you will never know when you have lost it. Is this the case with you, Lennard? Sorry, man! Guys like that have it rough. 
Also....You still seem compelled to follow me around to comment on what I write. Why is that?
ENOUGH of it, man! Are you jealous or something? 

Lennard

Well, since you told me to eat a bullet a couple months ago... I don't see the need to be friendly to you.  As I've said before,  you love to make snide remarks about other people but when you get it back you're acting like a cry baby.
About all your assumptions... the people on this forum that know me personally know I'm quite the opposite and could give you an ass whooping anytime and anyplace.
I have no reason to be jealous at an attention whore that is going through a midlife crisis.

Kern Dog

Ass whoopin! Easy to say from the comfort of your chair. Relax, Lennard. No need to resort to violence if you are smart enough to form words and type well. Besides, what kind of guy makes threats when you have so little knowledge of the competition? You have no knowledge of my size, ability or training. Imagine how embarrassed you'd be in the likely possibility that you'd need medical attention and physical therapy after meeting up with me. You need to be smart when dealing with the unknown.
It appears that you have some problems of you own if you continue to respond to things that I write that have zero connection to you. This shows some type of strange attraction whether it is latent homosexuality or an unhealthy jealous obsession. "People of this forum that know me"??? Who are you trying to impress by bringing others into this? You clearly have a desire to prove something.
"Eat a bullet"....Okay. Being the silly but sensible while also obnoxious type that I am I never jump to such a level unless I am provoked. I've watched you comment on many of my posts and for awhile, I let it slide. I've never put anyone on IGNORE because I am usually able to work around idiots and jerkoffs. You are not a bad guy by most accounts but you really have a strange attraction to what I post.
Simple fix for your problem, just quit following me around.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2017, 05:32:12 PM

Life changing? No.  I just thought it was something funny to share with some people. Maybe ugly guys that have never had any luck with women can't relate to this. Maybe the guys that were stupid, poor at sports or academics or spoke with an annoying lisp never got close enough to a pretty girl. If you never had it, you will never know when you have lost it. Is this the case with you, Lennard? Sorry, man! Guys like that have it rough.  
Also....You still seem compelled to follow me around to comment on what I write. Why is that?
ENOUGH of it, man! Are you jealous or something?  

Quote from: Lennard on February 09, 2017, 05:45:10 PM
Well, since you told me to eat a bullet a couple months ago... I don't see the need to be friendly to you.  As I've said before,  you love to make snide remarks about other people but when you get it back you're acting like a cry baby.
About all your assumptions... the people on this forum that know me personally know I'm quite the opposite and could give you an ass whooping anytime and anyplace.
I have no reason to be jealous at an attention whore that is going through a midlife crisis.

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2017, 06:48:16 PM
Ass whoopin! Easy to say from the comfort of your chair. Relax, Lennard. No need to resort to violence if you are smart enough to form words and type well. Besides, what kind of guy makes threats when you have so little knowledge of the competition? You have no knowledge of my size, ability or training. Imagine how embarrassed you'd be in the likely possibility that you'd need medical attention and physical therapy after meeting up with me. You need to be smart when dealing with the unknown.
It appears that you have some problems of you own if you continue to respond to things that I write that have zero connection to you. This shows some type of strange attraction whether it is latent homosexuality or an unhealthy jealous obsession. "People of this forum that know me"??? Who are you trying to impress by bringing others into this? You clearly have a desire to prove something.
"Eat a bullet"....Okay. Being the silly but sensible while also obnoxious type that I am I never jump to such a level unless I am provoked. I've watched you comment on many of my posts and for awhile, I let it slide. I've never put anyone on IGNORE because I am usually able to work around idiots and jerkoffs. You are not a bad guy by most accounts but you really have a strange attraction to what I post.
Simple fix for your problem, just quit following me around.

:popcrn:

Lennard

I told you before that I'll be at Mopars at the strip in Vegas in April. You can prove your size, ability and training there.
I don't need to impress anyone.  You're just a cry baby that can't take what he dishes out.
Btw, you've brought up the possibility of me being homosexual many times. You're really not hurting my feelings with that. :popcrn:

cbrestorations

$10 on lennard....anyone challenge?  :lol:

Kern Dog

Quote from: Lennard on February 09, 2017, 07:02:15 PM
I told you before that I'll be at Mopars at the strip in Vegas in April. You can prove your size, ability and training there.
I don't need to impress anyone.  You're just a cry baby that can't take what he dishes out.
Btw, you've brought up the possibility of me being homosexual many times. You're really not hurting my feelings with that. :popcrn:

AAaaaand he is BACK!
I don't really think that you prefer to have men in your ass. It was just a wild guess . I do think that you have some obsession that needs attention.
I am a bit unsettled about you asking me on a date at a car show. That is a first for me. I am not going to show YOU my size. That sounds a bit gay now that I see the way you wrote it.
I haven't been to the Vegas show since their 2nd year. I like shows on grass with a better swap meet.

Finally, I'd have no problem with you if you'd just keep to yourself and quit responding negatively to my posts. It is clear to me that the problem here is with you.

RallyeMike

If you would just meet in Vegas you could release/resolve all this sexual tension between you to.

PAAAALEEEEEEEZE!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2017, 07:14:23 PM
Finally, I'd have no problem with you if you'd just keep to yourself and quit responding negatively to my posts. It is clear to me that the problem here is with you.
Take your own advice. It would make this forum a better place. If someone makes a spelling mistake or doesn't use enough apostrophes in your opinion.... let it slide.

Kern Dog

:lol:

Funny.
I started this thread just to relay to the guys about how strange it feels to be at this point. Without taking a poll, I'm guessing most of us here are over 40. I figured that the topic held some relevance.  I thought it showed humility to post it for all to see.
I was never a guy that every woman wanted but I did quite well. I am happily married and have never thought  of "trading up" or cheating. Maybe it is a bit of vanity rearing its ugly head but when I get "sir" from a young guy, I laugh it off. Hearing it from a young pretty girl is different.

Lennard

Kern Dog

Quote from: Lennard on February 09, 2017, 07:27:31 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2017, 07:14:23 PM
Take your own advice. It would make this forum a better place. If someone makes a spelling mistake or doesn't use enough apostrophes in your opinion.... let it slide.

In the interest of being reasonable, I will admit that I am often quick to respond to posts with shitty grammar.
It just digs at me. Who knows, maybe we both need therapy!   :eek2:

A383Wing