News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original 1968 floor mats?

Started by INTMD8, February 09, 2017, 02:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INTMD8

Were these available with factory installed floor mats? If so what did they look like and are accurate reproductions available? Thanks!
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

69bfan

Factory floor mats were an option pretty much like radios and wheel covers.  Although it was not that popular of an option.  Slightly different in appearance were floor mats that were sold over the parts counter.  Probably some 15 years ago, Goodmark made a run of the over the counter floor mats that sold fairly well for the first year or two.  Once the initial demand was over with, they were dropped and have become pretty much like any NOS part, rare and expensive.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

68RT440

I bought the rubber mats from Legendary a few years ago. I'm not sure what style was available back in the day, but the NOS ones Ive seen on ebay look like the same rubber and styling as the Legendary ones. Mine have a Charger script which I'm sure the originals didn't have, but I like the stock look of the rubber ones over the plush carpet mats with custom stitching...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

INTMD8

Thanks guys and I agree on the rubber mats, seems more correct.

I ordered a set in gold with white pentastar from Legendary.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq