News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Quote from: marshallfry01 on February 10, 2017, 03:23:46 AM
Damn that's a good looking Charger!

And that's quite the pet beside it... is that your guard dog?  :icon_smile_big:  :scratchchin:

I thought it was his hood ornament like the Mack truck bull dog  :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site
Love the colour
That is the colour I painted my first Charger I ever fixed up and every one since that I have painted 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

500Jon

WoW BDF, I thought F8 was Coolio, but F6 is SUPERCOOL!!! :drool5:

You've got me thinking now of a slight dyslexic moment when ordering my F8 and getting F6... :smilielol:

All my cars are GREEN, just not inside...lol... :coolgleamA:

I like Sassy, just not on pre 70 cars.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

BDF

Yes, that is my pet reptile.
DO NOT TOUCH MY CAR

BDF

I am new to the site but not mopars or Chargers. My uncle had a '68 Hemi Charger. Don't know color code, no one cared back then. It was reddish-orange with white top/ interior. My best friend's brother way back then also bought a '69 and when my father came home one day & asked what kind of car he should get I yelled " Charger! A green one!"
Green has always been my favorite color...much to my continued delight he came home with this one a few days later.
My 1st car was a '69 Charger 500. I will ask about it at Aero place later. Then a white '66 Coronet with 440/auto whose combo now resides in my '63 Willys 4x4 wagon which is 'resting' now but put on quite a slippery/billowy 4 wheel smoke show.which is a topic for another thread. Have owned a M-37 & M-43.
I LIKE DODGE!
Thanks for the nice comments fellas!

BDF

That is a beauty 500Jon!
I didn't see it when I last looked at this. The weather is foul here and phone service is marginal now so it takes a LONG time for things to load.
I am going to have to be patient or be double posting because they do not show up right away.
Still dialing it in.

68RT440

Beautiful '69! I'm guilty of liking green as well. My '68 was born black with a green top and interior and I'm restoring it that way!
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

500Jon

How can you not like this?

God bless GREEN Chargers lol... :nana:

BDF

Sweet! It appears to me that green car owners tend to show their cars ass first.
Maybe a poll topic.

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 10, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
Quote from: lloyd3 on February 10, 2017, 12:06:32 AM
For any of these cars to have survived for almost 50-years now is something of a minor miracle. Green, black, blue or other, the fact that they still roll down our roads is a testament to somebody's care and hard work along the way.  Ugly cars don't last anywhere near that long, certainly not in any numbers. These 2nd generation cars are as much art as they are wheels and that art has a lot to do with why many of them are still with us.

How many people are restoring a 1969 Toyota Corona? A Fiat Strada? A Ford Maverick...? :lol:

What is ugly to some may not be to others...  I helped on the restoration of this beast

Oh.. and no Green hate here, this was my car prior to the resto, just wanted to do something different.  :yesnod:

Back N Black

My car left the factory F6 green with a white top (white hat special). hindsight, I wish that I went back to original color after restoration. Your charger looks awesome!!! :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Welcome to the site and that's a very nice 69.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

alfaitalia

Quote from: 500Jon on February 10, 2017, 10:25:25 AM

True....but it is a 500.....and most on here would swap body organs for one...but......I would like it more just about any other colour. But hey colour is a very personal thing and lots will probably not like my Charger colour choice....which is fine. Obviously if a had a 500 it would be being restored by the numbers...green or not. I find them far more desirable than even a wing car.....well out of my budget though.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BDF

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 10, 2017, 12:27:35 PM
Quote from: 500Jon on February 10, 2017, 10:25:25 AM

True....but it is a 500.....and most on here would swap body organs for one...but......I would like it more just about any other colour. But hey colour is a very personal thing and lots will probably not like my Charger colour choice....which is fine. Obviously if a had a 500 it would be being restored by the numbers...green or not. I find them far more desirable than even a wing car.....well out of my budget though.
Attempting quote 1st time.
I bought my C500 from my Dad's cousin. It was 440/727 red with black bench interior & column shift.
I paid $750 in 1977 & sold back to father about 1981. It went thru one of our "100 year floods" in Napa and he sold to collector in Cloverdale/Ukiah?
I think I'll be sick, then sad for a bit now...
Still have the green one though. Now I feel better.

darbgnik

F6 is a nice green, from an FJ5 owner. I like your car.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Artur

my old green charger. miss that car  :'(

Sublime/Sixpack

Welcome BDF.  Sharp looking car you have there! I've always liked that green, and the white top really sets it off.  :thumbs:

And thanks to 500JON for posting up that Charger 500. That car, color, and white stripe is a nice combo. Wish it were mine! :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Alaskan_TA

I love green.  :cheers:

Haters are losers.  :Twocents:

VegasCharger

Quote from: 500Jon on February 10, 2017, 09:11:51 AM
WoW BDF, I thought F8 was Coolio, but F6 is SUPERCOOL!!! :drool5:

You've got me thinking now of a slight dyslexic moment when ordering my F8 and getting F6... :smilielol:

All my cars are GREEN, just not inside...lol... :coolgleamA:

I like Sassy, just not on pre 70 cars.

Nice pic of your Charger Jon.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

What sizes and back spaces are your Cragar rims? Both front and rear?

:cheers: :cheers:

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BDF

Quote from: timmycharger on February 10, 2017, 11:13:43 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on February 10, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
Quote from: lloyd3 on February 10, 2017, 12:06:32 AM
For any of these cars to have survived for almost 50-years now is something of a minor miracle. Green, black, blue or other, the fact that they still roll down our roads is a testament to somebody's care and hard work along the way.  Ugly cars don't last anywhere near that long, certainly not in any numbers. These 2nd generation cars are as much art as they are wheels and that art has a lot to do with why many of them are still with us.

How many people are restoring a 1969 Toyota Corona? A Fiat Strada? A Ford Maverick...? :lol:

What is ugly to some may not be to others...  I helped on the restoration of this beast

Oh.. and no Green hate here, this was my car prior to the resto, just wanted to do something different.  :yesnod:

Thanks for the complments all!
My friend had a Maverick with a 427(9? didnt pay much attention it was a Ford)/4 speed.
It was one of the ugly green ones...
Uff da!

Kern Dog

Okay, that Maverick looks pretty cool.     :yesnod:

DAY CLONA

While I'm a green car hater, I do have a green car myself, thank god it's F6 and not F8

If your going to keep it green, F6 is where's it's at in terms of a "likable" green, nice ride by the way :2thumbs:

Here's my F6 green turd...

Mike

cbrestorations

i have a 68 f8 green r/t, i like green cars

500Jon

WoW Mike, you sure like GREEN!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Cucumber and Gherkin come to mind :shruggy:

The REAR-VIEW of a C500 is clean and uncluttered and particularly nice in GREEN!
The rear-view of a Daytona (in green) is somewhat overstated, maybe its the HUGE white STRIPE!!! :scratchchin:
Me I woodda gone BLACK, with DOG DISHES!

Whereas the Charger 500 (in red) sitting next to her is quietly contemplating a 'missed win' at the 69 Dega race? :nana: