News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

To Mike and others with Green Turds.

I was very concerned about the term 'green turd' as most I've seen are primarily BROWN!

Then I found this and it clears it up for me, especially the BROWN one on my best 'BLUE suede shoe'... :brickwall:

Looks more like a COLOR-CHART for FORD's... :slap:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

alfaitalia

Lol......if you are worried about being "somewhat overstated"....then probably driving a Daytona is not for you. Not many cars shout "LOOK AT ME!" quite like a huge winged Daytona. Which to be honest is part of the reason they have little appeal to me. C500 or 440RT for me everytime.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

500Jon

You are probably RIGHT! alfalfa.

Over twenty five years ago I had the chance to buy a Daytona or a Superbird.
Driving Big dodges and Plymouths around London Town never worried me and in fact, gave me a thrill!
Now I am an early retiree the thought of driving a Wingcar in the UK, is quite Alien!

But as and when my Goose-sh*t green C500 is done I will drive her with GLEE!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe even some of this? :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Weather permitting unlike TODAY in not so sunny KENT! :eek2:

alfaitalia

Bloody snowing here....in tropical West Sussex! Global warming my arse! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

500Jon

Its not easy being GREEN!

Trust me I know, all my Chargers have been GREEN!!! :2thumbs:

And my GTX too... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 500Jon on February 10, 2017, 10:25:25 AM
How can you not like this?

God bless GREEN Chargers lol... :nana:

Amen to that!

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

fizz

My Parents new 70 charger was EF8, My 70 r/t I bought in high school in 77 was EF8, the 70 r/t I bought in 08 was EF8, and when I repainted that car it was redone in a base/clear pearl resembling EF8. All these cars had green interiors.  Point is, although not my first choice of color in the 70s, it was a heritage thing for me. I spent 6 years, all my free time, and TONS of money nut and bolt resto/modding this car. It is irritating for people to off hand write it off because it is green. I mean, for crist sakes it isn't your car, you will never have to own or drive it, so who cares what color it is.
I would like to think REAL car guys would look at the extent and quality of work done and appreciate that.

F8-4life

Some guys like rarity and green cars are the most common, I think that's part of it that plays into the bigger picture.
f6 is pretty scarce (spring color) and its a great looking shade so lumpng that in with "green mopars" is gonna make all the guys with f8 cars pissed.... cause they get all the hate not you with your poor f6 car. LOL
There is "desirable" green and "less desirable" green, f6 and alot of the 1970 high impact greens are pretty desirable still.

OldGuy

I like my green Charger...
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

BDF

I'M AIRING OUT THE TURD TODAY!
What are you guys doing with your POS?
Hjå

BDF

Quote from: F8-4life on February 11, 2017, 12:09:33 PM
Some guys like rarity and green cars are the most common, I think that's part of it that plays into the bigger picture.
f6 is pretty scarce (spring color) and its a great looking shade so lumpng that in with "green mopars" is gonna make all the guys with f8 cars pissed.... cause they get all the hate not you with your poor f6 car. LOL
There is "desirable" green and "less desirable" green, f6 and alot of the 1970 high impact greens are pretty desirable still.

I like all green chargers!
Maybe us green car guys need our own sub-group like the aero-dudes.
We are 'special' too!

TheBipolarRoller

Green is my favorite color. My brother went to Michigan State University and for some reason I really like British Racing Green. However, colors I REALLY hate are: Puke Green, Crack-house Purple, Blue, and Yellow.
My '69 Dart, and my my '72 charger were both Dark Green Metallic (F-7).

Ponch ®

Quote from: BDF on February 10, 2017, 12:20:36 AM

I had no idea how great this site would be. Like some great big disfunctional family.

Yeah, we're the Kardashians of car forums. Kern Dog is Khloe and Lennard is Blac Chyna.

That said...awesome ride!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BDF

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 11, 2017, 09:22:57 PM
Quote from: BDF on February 10, 2017, 12:20:36 AM

I had no idea how great this site would be. Like some great big disfunctional family.

Yeah, we're the Kardashians of car forums. Kern Dog is Khloe and Lennard is Blac Chyna.

I must admit that I may have been 'following' Kern Dog's posts a little inappropriately.
I also went back and put an ' between the g and s up there too. I hope that was the right thing to do.

BDF

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2017, 11:57:28 PM
Holy cow, that is nice. Very unusual too.   :2thumbs:
Thanks, I like yours also!

BDF

Quote from: cdr on February 10, 2017, 02:18:44 AM
wellcomb BDF , it shure is nice too halve you hear, I like that grean it is cool lookin.
I thought you may start something.

BDF

Quote from: 500Jon on February 11, 2017, 11:48:19 AM
Its not easy being GREEN!

Trust me I know, all my Chargers have been GREEN!!! :2thumbs:

And my GTX too... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Agreed.

BDF

Quote from: 500Jon on February 11, 2017, 06:20:16 AM
To Mike and others with Green Turds.

I was very concerned about the term 'green turd' as most I've seen are primarily BROWN!

Then I found this and it clears it up for me, especially the BROWN one on my best 'BLUE suede shoe'... :brickwall:

Looks more like a COLOR-CHART for FORD's... :slap:
COOL!
A poo-chart!

Kern Dog

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 11, 2017, 09:22:57 PM

????????

BDF

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 10, 2017, 12:07:06 AM
we green car (F3, F4, F5, F8) owners hate F6 - "bright green metallic" because we wish our cars were "that GREEN!"  :2thumbs:
Is that like 'Greenis-envy'? :smilielol:

BDF

Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 11, 2017, 03:33:14 PM
Green is my favorite color. My brother went to Michigan State University and for some reason I really like British Racing Green. However, colors I REALLY hate are: Puke Green, Crack-house Purple, Blue, and Yellow.
There are a lot of houses painted with various combos of those colors in parts of Vallejo.
I am NOT kidding. :eek2:

DixieRestoParts

F6 is probably my favorite of all the Greens. Owning an F3 car since 1982, I've heard all the stupid comments about how ugly F3 is. To be honest, when it's faded and dull, it isn't pretty. But, in fresh paint it's a nice color. The guy that bought my car new, chose F3 because he liked the color.

The photo below is not a fresh F3 paint job, but a 30+ year old Maaco job.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Mytur Binsdirti

I personally like green paint, but a triple green car goes up my butt like a hot poker. I've owned three '68s in Racing Green Metallic & my current one has a white interior with green dash & carpets. Not being a fan of green interior, the contrast was better than I expected it would be once I saw it in person.