News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

My green '69 Super Bee came from the factory with two tone green interior. That green interior was the first thing to go. Looks much better with white interior, especially with it's white butt stripe.

With that said, I don't hate on other peoples cars that have green interior. I can appreciate them for what they are.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

XH29N0G

White looks good.  F8 with charcoal/black is what mine was ordered.  I like it, but summertime sun can be a bit of a problem.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

69 OUR/TEA

An old magazine ,  this guy was a green hater , changed a Hemi Charger from green to red .

XH29N0G

I don't object. Its his car and he did what he wanted with it.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 12, 2017, 06:13:31 PM
I don't object. Its his car and he did what he wanted with it.

Damn straight!

Dino

I could stand to have my car back in its original F8 with white top, but that green interior has got to go!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TheBipolarRoller

Quote from: BDF on February 12, 2017, 04:24:52 AM
Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 11, 2017, 03:33:14 PM
Green is my favorite color. My brother went to Michigan State University and for some reason I really like British Racing Green. However, colors I REALLY hate are: Puke Green, Crack-house Purple, Blue, and Yellow.
There are a lot of houses painted with various combos of those colors in parts of Vallejo.
I am NOT kidding. :eek2:

My first experience, and naming of "crackhouse" colors, came back in the 90's when I was driving through Flint, Michigan. Literally every other house was a boarded up crackhouse and it was then I dubbed those colors that the houses were painted "Crackhouse" colors. Just seeing those colors makes me want to.... well you know, something that would land me in jail or Devil's Island where Steve McQueen was in Papillon.

BDF

Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 13, 2017, 12:18:49 AM
Quote from: BDF on February 12, 2017, 04:24:52 AM
Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 11, 2017, 03:33:14 PM
Green is my favorite color. My brother went to Michigan State University and for some reason I really like British Racing Green. However, colors I REALLY hate are: Puke Green, Crack-house Purple, Blue, and Yellow.
There are a lot of houses painted with various combos of those colors in parts of Vallejo.
I am NOT kidding. :eek2:

My first experience, and naming of "crackhouse" colors, came back in the 90's when I was driving through Flint, Michigan. Literally every other house was a boarded up crackhouse and it was then I dubbed those colors that the houses were painted "Crackhouse" colors. Just seeing those colors makes me want to.... well you know, something that would land me in jail or Devil's Island where Steve McQueen was in Papillon.
Oh my!
Best just STAY AWAY from there!
You wanna keep your car doncha?
:slap:

fizz

I remember the color Nazis from back in the day, driving 4 doors with mags and talkin about how bad ass their uncles roadrunner superbee with the 440 hemi was.

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: fizz on February 15, 2017, 10:05:09 AM
I remember the color Nazis from back in the day, driving 4 doors with mags and talkin about how bad ass their uncles roadrunner superbee with the 440 hemi was.

Yep!   :thumbs:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

DAY CLONA

Sad thing is, they're STILL driving 4 doors with mag wheels  :scratchchin:

fizz

TheBipolarRoller

I remember the first time I heard a buddy say 440 Hemi  ::) . I did not correct him [in front of others] because he was my buddy, he was drunk  :cheers:, and he was telling us his "I had a dream last night that I won the lottery" story  :yesnod: . And they weren't even making a bolt on Hemi Head for a 440 at that time... but were just about to.  :icon_smile_cool:

fizz

Most of them looked like beevis and butthead, and their uncles car was always (supposedly) plum crazy or hemi orange. Not calf shit green like my car. Usually the conversation came up after "no, I am not going to help you put a hemi in your Pacer", or something like that.

Yada

Quote from: Artur on February 10, 2017, 01:27:26 PM
my old green charger. miss that car  :'(

It's mine now since August and i take care of it.

crj1968

TheBipolarRoller

That is a sweeet car Yada [yada, yada]. :icon_smile_big:

BDF

Quote from: Yada on February 17, 2017, 10:31:38 AM

Hej! & velkommen!
Nice car(s all)!
Having done so I am of the firm opinion that no one will ever part with a Charger and not suffer some sort of emotional trauma.  :'(
Unless of course they are of the cold, lifeless heart type...just kidding flippers!  :icon_smile_big:

qwick68

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 12, 2017, 05:26:55 PM
An old magazine ,  this guy was a green hater , changed a Hemi Charger from green to red .
I have that magazine somewhere!
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: qwick68 on February 17, 2017, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 12, 2017, 05:26:55 PM
I have that magazine somewhere!

Same here. That was my car when I owned it back in the 80's.

Davtona

OldGuy

"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

G-man

Quote from: Yada on February 17, 2017, 10:31:38 AM

Very nice.

You got a side shot of that car?

What size wheels and backspacing? The front ones look just the right depth to me.

LeesRT

I was asked to post my F6 car pictures.  Here you go BDF.

BDF

Thanks Lee!  :2thumbs: 
Any more out there?  :popcrn: