News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AM/FM radio

Started by Draco, February 10, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco

Does anyone know the value of a AM/FM radio from a 68 Charger?

Bronzedodge

Working or non working?  Cosmetics - beautiful, chrome and dial perfect?  Need a little more, or pics.
Mopar forever!

Draco

Still works great, looks pretty good to

Charger-Bodie

the go anywhere from 500-1000
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Draco

Thanks, I want to upgrade to a new unit but was thinking I could sell this unit to buy the new system.

Bronzedodge

Someone refresh my memory on the difference between 68 and 69 AM/FM's?  The pentastar on the dial face?
Mopar forever!

Draco

Wow I didn't know there was a difference.

ODZKing

Were 69s thumbwheel?
I dunno, that is sort of rare I would keep it and do a hidden system. Just my  :Twocents:

BLK 68 R/T

Wasn't it that in '68 they said either Dodge or Plymouth Solid State on them and then in '69 they switched to Chrysler Solid State?

Dino

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on February 22, 2017, 08:44:00 PM
Wasn't it that in '68 they said either Dodge or Plymouth Solid State on them and then in '69 they switched to Chrysler Solid State?

Yep
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

birdsandbees

NOPE..  :rotz: :lol:

.. not if it was a built for Canada car !

How many times we done this 68/69 radio thing so far Dirk. I think 3 times the past year.  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

Well it's true for Chargers in the US! That's the only Mopar I know!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

And the example pictured only has the pentastar. I believe that indicates that it was sold over the counter.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Draco

Leaving factory unit in place and a hidden system sounds good. Any recommedations where I should look for a nice amp. I think I will go with JBL's for rear speakers.

68RT440

You could look at Crutchfield for an amp. I work at a hot rod shop and were always putting modern hidden stereos in a lot of our builds. We buy everything from them. www.crutchfield.com
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Draco

Cool, thank you I will check them out.