News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flaming River Tilt wheel for 70 Charger

Started by pipeliner, February 11, 2017, 06:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

I'm thinking about buying a flaming river tilt wheel for my RT. Was just wondering if anybody has installed these yet and if they like them?

Aussiemadonmopars

I bought a tilt column for my 69 Charger back in 2007, didn't get to install it properly until last year. I had a problem with the tilt function on it and I approached Ididit to see how I could fix it. It would simply slip back down to the bottom position if there was any downward pressure on it. They sent me out a new turret with the tilt assembly which was a direct replacement. They said when they first came out they had a problem with the tilt function and they had thought they had got all the replacements done, I just quoted my serial number. I think unless you have a major disability you probably won't need it and you could just go for the normal straight column. A good replacement for an original column if you can't find one IMO.

NHCharger

Ha, just saw this thread. I installed one in my 68 Charger along with a tuff steering wheel. I liked it so much I bought one for the Daytona clone I am doing.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

moparjohn

Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

pipeliner

Thanks for the reply but since I couldn't find a lot of info I sent my column off and had it restored lol. Maybe next time