News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More grief for DOH/GL fans?

Started by DAY CLONA, February 13, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

It's bad enough the General Lee rebel roof flag came under enough whining and controversy from the PC snowflake crowd of wussies, I wonder how long before more crap hits the fan with the recent slaying of the KKK Wizard down in Missouri, his "facebook" pic has made the national news rounds, of course they chose this of all the pics...I'd be leery of driving a GL replica around, we saw enough idiots and their responses to people having certain Presidential bumper stickers on their vehicles this year....  

marshallfry01

Is that the General Lee that's always sitting outside at Branson?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Lennard

I'm almost tempted to make my '69 into a General Lee... and then see who's got the balls to touch it.
When O.J. Simpson killed that chick and got chased in his Bronco for all the world to see on t.v., did people messed with other people's Broncos after that?
Insane!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Lennard on February 13, 2017, 05:48:18 PM
I'm almost tempted to make my '69 into a General Lee... and then see who's got the balls to touch it.
When O.J. Simpson killed that chick and got chased in his Bronco for all the world to see on t.v., did people messed with other people's Broncos after that?
Insane!

Actually the orders for new white Broncos and the resale prices of used white Broncos skyrocketed!, but in the recent PC climate of whiners lashing out in protest over anything racially motivated or aligned with racism the back lash is more violent today even if it's aimed at non related subject matter

Kern Dog

Liberals are willing victims that thrive on being offended for shit that never truly affected anyones lives.

XH29N0G

Have people actually attacked someone in a general lee? Or are we just going nuts speculating that they may?  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ponch ®

GL fans/owners are SO oppressed.... :eyes:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

crj1968

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 13, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
GL fans/owners are SO oppressed.... :eyes:

Just like all the college kids busting windows, burning cars and beating people.   ::)  ::)

XH29N0G

With a few outliers, College kids don't do that on the whole.  They are like us.  I work at a University and see them all the time. 

We had one riot in town after winning a championship.  It turned out it was alumni and locals who came in to stir things up.

People need to grow up.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mike DC

The KKK guy's picture is listed as "taken from Facebook" in the article.  He probably posed in front of somebody's GL at a show somewhere.  The paper probably chose that pic for the article just because it was attention-grabbing.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: marshallfry01 on February 13, 2017, 05:41:31 PM
Is that the General Lee that's always sitting outside at Branson?

That's what was stated on the MCG facebook page where the post appeared. Someone from Branson pointed it out. Dirtbag probably never even sat behind the wheel of a '69 Charger.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

67440chrg

Yes I go to Branson alot that is a car in front of a shop there.

crj1968

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 14, 2017, 06:49:12 AM
With a few outliers, College kids don't do that on the whole.  They are like us.  I work at a University and see them all the time. 

We had one riot in town after winning a championship.  It turned out it was alumni and locals who came in to stir things up.

People need to grow up.

Agree- I have a daughter at a University in Phoenix...no issues there at all. I was just making my point about the supposedly "oppressed" throwing fits.

The crazy minority gets the attention if it fits the narrative. 

XH29N0G

Or maybe it protects us. 

c00nhunterjoe

Never had a problem with my car til i joked once about covering the flag to be p.c. want to talk about a riot?!?!?! Lol

crj1968

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 15, 2017, 09:47:12 PM
Never had a problem with my car til i joked once about covering the flag to be p.c. want to talk about a riot?!?!?! Lol

You could put an American flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

Ponch ®

Quote from: crj1968 on February 16, 2017, 03:10:15 AM

You could put an American flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

like our new Russian overlords?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

crj1968

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 16, 2017, 10:04:07 AM
Quote from: crj1968 on February 16, 2017, 03:10:15 AM

You could put an American flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

like our new Russian overlords?

No, I think the Russians are GTG now actually.......time will tell, I suppose.....

XH29N0G

For harmony's sake, how about...........

You could put an Russian flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

Seriously though, ........I don't think it makes sense to replace the flag with another. 

Or maybe it protects us. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 16, 2017, 07:39:53 PM

You could put an Russian flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

Seriously though, ........I don't think it makes sense to replace the flag with another.  

And the other half would insist that it is not a Russian flag ar all; just a fabrication by big media.

Dino

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 17, 2017, 12:22:56 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on February 16, 2017, 07:39:53 PM

You could put an Russian flag on it and REALLY offend some people these days.    :rotz:

And the other half would insist that it is not a Russian flag ar all; just a fabrication by big media.

They will never understand...never.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

crj1968

yeah, sure......tired of being sheared is more like it and the flock dissipated.

Michael Moore had one thing right...Trump was a big FY to the republican establishment.

Dems could have / should have done the same, but don't have the balls. Old Bernie got cut off at the knees and got right back in line with his tail between his legs. That is as sheepish as it gets.

Lennard

Yeah,  let's make it about politics again.  :eek2:

crj1968

Yeah, I know... I got sucked into it-  sorry Troy.   :rotz:

(in my defense, the thread started out that way)