News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remove ash tray door

Started by Voss, February 17, 2017, 10:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

I had a thought about replating my ash tray, Charger 68. It has the door which slides downwards. Haven't really looked into if it's possible to remove the sliding door, but maybe someone in here knows? Is it at all possible without drilling out any of the rivets which hold things together?

Lennard

I can slide my cover off downwards.

green69rt

If yours is like a 69 then pic #2 shows the little tab that you push down and then rotate the ashtray out of the housing.  Pic #1 shows the ashtray housing, it's held in with four screws where my fingers are.  

Edit, from your first note , yours may be completely different than a 69 :shruggy:

Lennard

A '68 ashtray is different.  The cover rolls/slides up and down. 

68RT440

I have the slide down style in my '68 and I just disassembled it the other day. I am going to have the guts re plated as well. The padding/steel cover that is riveted together comes off as a unit and nothing has to be drilled out
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me