News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Barn Find. . 70 Charger

Started by chargerboy69, February 17, 2017, 10:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBipolarRoller

Thank you for exposing the deception guys. Outright lies really. Get's me steamed!!!  :flame: :RantExplode: that people would blatantly deceive, online, in front of the whole world--and think that they can get away with it.

69rtse4spd

Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 21, 2017, 02:12:09 PM
Thank you for exposing the deception guys. Outright lies really. Get's me steamed!!!  :flame: :RantExplode: that people would blatantly deceive, online, in front of the whole world--and think that they can get away with it.

The government does. :D.

Challenger340

I would agree that within the narrative of the current Ebay ad, it is at best misleading for many reading it within the statement of "31,000 Miles and is Completely Original Bumper to Bumper", which obviously the Car is not given the rust repairs performed ?

He does however, also state within the narrative things like "it has mostly original paint"?
Say what ?
How can something be "completely original bumper to bumper" ? Yet for some reason "mostly", but not ALL of the paint is original ? then leading to the insinuation if one reads closely enough, that at least "some" of the paint has been redone(rust repairs ?).

just me...
but I think $35K + is getting to the higher end of price/valuation on a 318 auto column shift Car, no matter how nice ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

hemi-hampton

Didn't fool me, I could see it was a POS in disguise. A really deceiving Description. Who ever buys this heap should be kicking themselves for not buying my much nicer & more rustfree original 440 R/T Charger for cheaper.  :brickwall: LEON. :shruggy: :slap:

Kern Dog

Boy Leon, you really are hanging on to that story.
We get it. The market didn't step up to buy your car as fast or for as much as you wanted. Sorry man, it happens. Music bands get pissed when another band is more popular. Girls get pissed when other women get more attention. Contractors get pissed when another company gets the job that they bid on. Men get pissed when another man finds a faster or easier way to do what has proven difficult.
You can get past it.   :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

I get pissed when I see a bondoed up 318 Charger get more then mine. All because seller is a big liar & buyers are clueless. :shruggy:

Moparpoolman

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 21, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
I get pissed when I see a bondoed up 318 Charger get more then mine. All because seller is a big liar & buyers are clueless. :shruggy:

Don't get pissed Leon, I feel your pain, But my guess is this type of seller is probably bidding it up himself and we will see it relisted with a story that high bidder never came forward with the cash. or never asked is wife, or some other BS line.

after all, how many 318 owners would get a report from Gaylen Govier.

Challenger340

My guess is just a bunch of shadow bidders Leon(seller buddies)... working a hook on an interested(dumb) bidder ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

I can understand but in the short time from when you sold yours to today, the market has really gone crazy.

TheBipolarRoller

I'm with Double H on this one. I tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt [because I have a soft spot for 318s] and called his glass half full because it looked like a nice cruising car with AC which is more than enough to make a buyer happy for his retirement years but the seller is a flat out liar and you guys proved it right here on these forums. It's not like he was stretching the truth a bit like those info-mercials. For a car to go from 200,000 miles to 30,000 miles is straight up lying.

Kern Dog

It looks like a NON A/C car though,right?

TheBipolarRoller

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 22, 2017, 01:01:32 AM

Yup, I had to look at it again and it says w/o AC. So it doesn't even have that.

I think this car is a BOAT car. Bust Out Another Thousand.

tan top

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 21, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Didn't fool me, I could see it was a POS in disguise. A really deceiving Description. Who ever buys this heap should be kicking themselves for not buying my much nicer & more rustfree original 440 R/T Charger for cheaper.  :brickwall: LEON. :shruggy: :slap:

Leon  it annoys me & your charger was not even my car ,  :brickwall: ( there have been a few real good mopars like that ) I cant work it out ....  yet the bidding goes crazy for a  bonded up perfumed pigged pile of shrapnel .... that's obviously a pile of S**T , that  needs stripping down to a bare body shell & starting again  :shruggy:   :brickwall: ......

. i'm just wondering if the seller of this car knows or is it his doing !, what the car was like back in December .... :P :shruggy: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: tan top on February 22, 2017, 02:44:01 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 21, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Didn't fool me, I could see it was a POS in disguise. A really deceiving Description. Who ever buys this heap should be kicking themselves for not buying my much nicer & more rustfree original 440 R/T Charger for cheaper.  :brickwall: LEON. :shruggy: :slap:

Leon  it annoys me & your charger was not even my car ,  :brickwall: ( there have been a few real good mopars like that ) I cant work it out ....  yet the bidding goes crazy for a  bonded up perfumed pigged pile of shrapnel .... that's obviously a pile of S**T , that  needs stripping down to a bare body shell & starting again  :shruggy:   :brickwall: ......

. i'm just wondering if the seller of this car knows or is it his doing !, what the car was like back in December .... :P :shruggy:  

If I'd have to pick one , I'd say it's his doing as the end of auction sale Dec 14th 2016 in Texas , finish transaction , get it shipped to N.Y , and have it for sale this quickly .
FWIW , he does describe in his auction , new vinyl top , and mostly original paint .

Y1CHARGER

It's funny how the Barn this "Barn Find" came out of was a paint booth in the Dec 14, 2016 auction :lol:  Even funnier that he got the plate "BARNFND" Looks like a nice Daytona and a 71 Charger in the garage.  Wonder what kind of BS stories are going to surface if he sells those...

cbrestorations

this guy is probably a member and justr trolling this thread

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TheBipolarRoller on February 22, 2017, 01:48:23 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on February 22, 2017, 01:01:32 AM

Yup, I had to look at it again and it says w/o AC. So it doesn't even have that.

I think this car is a BOAT car. Bust Out Another Thousand.

At least my car had A/C (although not hooked up but I had all the parts)  LEON

moparfan53

The info on his sign is not honest either.  :rotz:

The car is not "1 of 9,135 1970 Chargers built with an 8-cylinder motor"... it is 1 of 9,135 1970 XH Chargers built with an 8-cylinder motor. "1970 Chargers" would be the total of XP, XS and XH Chargers built.

It is also not "1 of 1 built in this combination". It is 1 of 1 of the cars in Galen's registry, not of all the 1970 Chargers built.

cbrestorations

i guess if you wanna sell a car, just lie and make up shit, because you can only get proven wrong after the car sells to the next person.  :shruggy:

tan top

no sale , reserve not met  :shruggy:     :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparfan53

Did anyone notice the mistake/typo Galen made with the vin? On page 1 he has it as a XP29, then on page 2 as a XH29.

I wonder which vin he put in his registry, correct or incorrect one?  It does say on page 1, "VIN XP29GOG146360 is now in the Registry"

:shruggy:

hemi-hampton

That car got bid up to twice what it's really worth in my opinion. And still reserve not met. He buys for $15k, probably put less then $5k into it to bondo up &/or Patch 1/4's so probably has less then $20k into it. now reserve not met at $36k. Seller should be ecstatic & happy with $36k & $16k profit. And buyer should be very disappointed he got scammeed & lied to. :Twocents: :shruggy: :slap: :brickwall: LEON.

Kern Dog

I agree, Leon. the car should not have had such a high reserve. If the repairs were done well, the car still has value but the manner that it is presented is full of lies and exaggerations. The guy has a sign board....NOT to display at a car show but to display with the car in the "For Sale" ads ???

hemi-hampton

By looking at the pics it's obvious to me the repairs were NOT well done. :shruggy: