News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repairing kick panels

Started by timmycharger, February 18, 2017, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Has anyone repaired the kick panels on a second Gen? Mine are in good shape except for the passenger side one which has 2 holes drilled in them from when I mounted a fire extinguisher years ago.  Are they made out of ABS plastic? They seem more flexible then something like the grille which I know is ABS. 

Any tips on how to repair the holes? I know they have a bit of a texture to them so I would have to re create that where I repair it. Thanks!

Lennard

I would just get black 2 components Permatex glue and fill the holes. Just ad your own texture to it before it's cured.

Dino

Alternatively you can find a nice used kick panel on ebay and save yourself the trouble of trying to repair yours. It's not easy making the texture look as if no repair was ever done. No harm in trying of course.   ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger

Thanks guys, I will attempt the repair as suggested by Lennard and may try to use an old vinyl repair kit that has the grains you can press on for texture.  If it looks like ass then I will go the ebay route. I saw a few on there.   :cheers: