News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who does the best wiring harnesses?

Started by C500, February 20, 2017, 12:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

For a 69....

M & H sell theirs through Year-one, and now American Autowire sell kits.

Keen to hear who does the best kit?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

garner7555

I have american autowire universal kit (not the plug and play) and judging by the quality of it, then I would say american autowire all the way!    Whiteand Red69 used the plug and play american autowire kit if I remember correctly,  Maybe he will chime in.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

lukedukem

Quote from: C500 on February 20, 2017, 01:50:05 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 20, 2017, 12:44:53 AM
Yearone sells the best plug and play.

:2thumbs: In what way are they better?   :popcrn:

They are better because they are an exact match to the factory. i used year one to get my M&H harness, they are the only ones that carry it i think, and when used with the FSM it was so easy to replace the old cut up one.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mopar Nut

Quote from: lukedukem on February 20, 2017, 09:20:01 AM
Quote from: C500 on February 20, 2017, 01:50:05 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 20, 2017, 12:44:53 AM
Yearone sells the best plug and play.

:2thumbs: In what way are they better?   :popcrn:

They are better because they are an exact match to the factory. i used year one to get my M&H harness, they are the only ones that carry it i think, and when used with the FSM it was so easy to replace the old cut up one.

Luke
:iagree: just like factory. Yearone bought the licensing rights from Chrysler to manufacture the harnesses. Classic Industries sells the harnesses to, but they bought them from Yearone. If you want to install aftermarket stuff like electric fan and a bigger alternator then American Autowire would be better suited.   
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

WHITE AND RED 69

Both are great kits, M&H kits are plug and play and the American Auto Wire kit requires a bit more work since you will be doing most of the crimping and setting up the connectors, so technically it is not a plug and play kit. But it has all the correct looking connectors included and allows for a much cleaner install. All the wires are all labeled nicely and if you are running a bunch of aftermarket electronics the American Auto Wire kit is the way to go. It is ready for electric fans, power windows, fuel pumps, and other aftermarket additions.

One thing to note about the American Auto Wire kit is it is made for a internally regulated one wire alternator. So the stock alternators will not work.  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Mopar Nut

Here's the American Autowire for the Charger.

C500

Thanks for the info, very helpful  :yesnod:

Do Year-one (M&H) do a complete kit like American Autowire do, I can't find one on their website?  :shruggy:

garner7555

Quote from: C500 on February 22, 2017, 04:07:53 AM

Do Year-one (M&H) do a complete kit like American Autowire do, I can't find one on their website?  :shruggy:

I think you have to order each harness separately=  engine harness, headlight harness, dash harness, ect.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Mopar Nut

Quote from: garner7555 on February 22, 2017, 07:04:06 AM

I think you have to order each harness separately=  engine harness, headlight harness, dash harness, ect.
:iagree:

Yearone has a four day weekend sale, save 30% off until midnight Monday

Use Code: VICTORY

john108

I bought all the M&H kits for my '68 charger.  They don't make them all.
In a few cases a couple of wires were missing and I spliced them from my original harnesses.
In general, they fit pretty good, but not perfect.

C500

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 24, 2017, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: garner7555 on February 22, 2017, 07:04:06 AM
Thanks for the info, very helpful  :yesnod:

Do Year-one (M&H) do a complete kit like American Autowire do, I can't find one on their website?  :shruggy:

I think you have to order each harness separately=  engine harness, headlight harness, dash harness, ect.
:iagree:

Yearone has a four day weekend sale, save 30% off until midnight Monday

Use Code: VICTORY

Thanks for the discount code  :2thumbs:
Quote from: john108 on February 24, 2017, 08:42:45 PM
I bought all the M&H kits for my '68 charger.  They don't make them all.
In a few cases a couple of wires were missing and I spliced them from my original harnesses.
In general, they fit pretty good, but not perfect.

:2thumbs: Did your M&H dash harness kit come with the bulk-head and new fuse box....hard to tell from the year-one site, vague description and tiny photos... but looks like they do? What kind of fuses does it take - glass? The American Autowire uses the modern blade fuses  :yesnod:

Mopar Nut

The M&H does have the fuse block (glass fuses) and bulkhead plug. I bought every harness Yearone carries.

C500

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 26, 2017, 05:13:30 AM
The M&H does have the fuse block (glass fuses) and bulkhead plug. I bought every harness Yearone carries.

Cool  :coolgleamA: ... M&H seem to cover most for my ride, except wiper harness for 3 speed wipers  :rotz:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: C500 on February 26, 2017, 05:50:38 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 26, 2017, 05:13:30 AM

Cool  :coolgleamA: ... M&H seem to cover most for my ride, except wiper harness for 3 speed wipers  :rotz:
The 3 speed wiper motor harness came new on the rebuild motor from Kim at Passion4mopars