News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bands that you have seen live

Started by C_stripes, May 30, 2009, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

George Jones
Alan Jackson
Deana Carter
Pam Tillis

alfaitalia

Quote from: Fred on September 26, 2017, 09:18:10 PM
Does anyone remember  :scratchchin: Hmm!...... it was so long ago I can't remember the name of the band. I know they all had long hair and we all wore platform shoes.
Oh hang on, I remember.

"Slade"

Does anyone remember Slade?

Mrs. Fred

Yep...saw them at the Hammersmith Odean London UK once..... very good..... It was about May of 82 or 83 I think. I was in London to see the FA Cup final (soccer!) and bought some convert tickets for that evening from a tout in the street. Bearing in mind it was may the first song they did was "Merry Christmas Everybody". Crowd loved it!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ODZKing

Just saw the Pet Sounds tour. Incredible!!
It was like watching a recording session only in one take.  Other that Brian's voice cracking occasionally it was technically perfect!  :2thumbs:
What a show, 3 hours, 1 break, can't say enough good things about it.

Fred

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 04, 2017, 04:27:15 PM
Does anyone remember  :scratchchin: Hmm!...... it was so long ago I can't remember the name of the band. I know they all had long hair and we all wore platform shoes.
Oh hang on, I remember.

"Slade"

Mrs. Fred

Yep...saw them at the Hammersmith Odean London UK once..... very good..... It was about May of 82 or 83 I think. I was in London to see the FA Cup final (soccer!) and bought some convert tickets for that evening from a tout in the street. Bearing in mind it was may the first song they did was "Merry Christmas Everybody". Crowd loved it!

WOW! someone remembers.   I saw them when they were playing in Melbourne all those years ago. Never hear any of their songs on the radio any more.
Mrs. Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Fred on October 04, 2017, 08:49:50 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on October 04, 2017, 04:27:15 PM
Oh hang on, I remember.

"Slade"

Mrs. Fred

WOW! someone remembers.   I saw them when they were playing in Melbourne all those years ago. Never hear any of their songs on the radio any more.
Mrs. Fred

I just googled and they are all still alive.
Mrs. Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Old Moparz

Adding another old time band to my list, Ten Years After.   :coolgleamA:

Only the drummer, Ric Lee & keyboardist, Chick Churchill are original members but the keyboardist was hospitalized & not there the night I went.  :'(

The guitarist, Marcus Bonfanti was fantastic. I never got to see Alvin Lee, but this guy really captured the bands feeling & got the audience going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixif7qFiam4
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Old Moparz

One of my all time favorites came around again, "Brand X" so I just couldn't say no to getting tickets.  :lol:

This show was at The Egg in Albany, NY  so I dragged my kid along who is now a fan & wants to see them the next time they come around.  :coolgleamA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsolqcluvE
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Back at The Egg in Albany last night & the night before to see King Crimson.  :coolgleamA:

Great show, they played material that hasn't been performed since the early 70's if at all.  :2thumbs:

Like this one.....

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFhKJgqxNDD8&h=ATMxecKc2gCjhOMXPilwyCIasx-6c4sT2inuLZy68fOL4QTTkmapuVPEFZkhNZg5XSlkn8JvPvcfADyqlG_jL5OX-gw5v6DH1w5gBGQuiBHBTG3oxK92d36ReYz3KOwpQDrSrAsTkRUiwAqSSRXF1E01cPGV
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Old Moparz

Added a few more to my list covering the last few weeks.

Brand X  (Again!)   :coolgleamA:

Canned Heat  (One hell of a show!)   :cheers:

Popa Chubby   (For probably the tenth time!)   :2thumbs:

Slam Allen   (Great blues player who was on tour with James Cotton for many years.)

Buckethead    (This guy might be a bit odd but he is one great guitarist.)   :yesnod:
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Covid really put a dent in the ability to go see live performances but there were a few shows during the pandemic. Live music is an addiction for me & I am glad that the last year or so I have been able to go see a bunch of concerts.

Some I have been able to go see since my last post are....

King Crimson (2 more times)
Rick Wakeman (From Yes)
Jon Anderson with the Paul Green Rock Academy (Also from Yes)
Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy
Kofi Baker (Ginger Baker's son who plays the music of Cream & Blind Faith)
Peter Gabriel
Hot Tuna (Electric)
Popa Chubby (2 more times)
George Thorogood
Deep Purple
Vapors of Morphine
Jerry Marotta (Drummer from Peter Gabriel's band) 2x
Edgar Winter
Steve Hackett 

There's been several tribute bands I've seen also & they've been great. Some of them have played Creedence Clearwater Revival, Traffic, ELP, Genesis & Peter Gabriel.
               Bob