News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary upper door bolster pads. Who's used these? Opinions?

Started by Charger-Bodie, February 21, 2017, 02:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Looking for opinions on these. Never seen a set of legendary pads. Only pg-bea ones. Any input?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 21, 2017, 02:28:03 AM
Looking for opinions on these. Never seen a set of legendary pads. Only pg-bea ones. Any input?

Brian, I had a customer's Daytona conversion that utilized these pads when they first came out, he had them done in white along with having the 70 SE door panels done in white as well as part of a custom order with Legendary, he was very pleased with them

Sorry the only pic I have saved of his car, as most were lost on my old computer, but a beautiful build, he's a member here, he might chime in?

Mike

Troy

I had them side by side once but didn't get pictures. If I remember right, the Legendary pads seemed puffier. Both have incorrect vinyl. The BE&A ones come with the emblem. I'm sure I made a post about it at some point. I mainly just remember the Legendary people ranting about "Chinese" parts when I really just wanted to know why theirs were better.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Troy on February 21, 2017, 11:52:03 AM
I had them side by side once but didn't get pictures. If I remember right, the Legendary pads seemed puffier. Both have incorrect vinyl. The BE&A ones come with the emblem. I'm sure I made a post about it at some point. I mainly just remember the Legendary people ranting about "Chinese" parts when I really just wanted to know why theirs were better.

Troy

I remember that post , but I can't find it.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Troy on February 21, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

Troy

BE&A have almost no "grain".  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

Why is it that much of the repro stuff is about 85-90% correct, but they just can't they make it 100% correct?    ::)

Troy

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 21, 2017, 01:51:27 PM
Why is it that much of the repro stuff is about 85-90% correct, but they just can't they make it 100% correct?    ::)
I have asked that question of almost every single vendor I've met! The standard answer usually goes something like "if we made it perfect we'd have to price it too high to sell". On things like these pads, the correct vinyl simply doesn't exist and neither company is willing to pay to tool some up. On plastic parts it's just too expensive to use the correct type of plastic and injection molding tooling so we get cast parts. On formed metal getting it to a "close state" with fewer operations is a lot cheaper than perfect with many operations. But then I'm sure a lot of it is laziness and maximizing profit. I have a "$200 rule" that says most guys can justify spending this amount (or hide it from the wife) but anything higher and it has to get approval. This is why $900 taillights for a 68 that looked really good didn't fly off the shelves but crap Goodmark panels that need 20 hours of shaping do. ;)

Troy

Ryan.C

I have a set of BEA rear upper door pads (in black) that I have yet to install if anyone wants pics.

And no the vendors of these products farm the production part out to pacific rim countries (china, Taiwan ect). It has been made known to me that it takes several trial runs with a vendor to see if they can give you want you (and your customer) is looking for. My uncle is the shop foreman at BEA FWIW.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Mr. Lee

Here are mine, there from Legandary. Medalllions are plastic and the thing that bothers me is that the color isn't the same as the doorcards that are Legendary aswell.

Charger-Bodie

They look very crisp. Sucks about the color. I know back in the day there was a lot of variation too.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 26, 2017, 11:43:55 AM
They look very crisp. Sucks about the color. I know back in the day there was a lot of variation too.

Panels look great and fit nice. Color looks wurse due to the flash do.

Charger-Bodie

Ended up with legendary Pads. Far far nicer tha pg classics.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 26, 2017, 03:08:05 PM

Good to know.  :2thumbs:

How's the color match up with the Legendary door panels?  :shruggy:

:popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 26, 2017, 06:27:07 PM

Very nicely. Not 100% dead in but very good. But that's how they were 5 different shades in the interior. Just subtle differences.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 26, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 26, 2017, 06:27:07 PM

Very nicely. Not 100% dead in but very good. But that's how they were 5 different shades in the interior. Just subtle differences.

Thanks Brian !  :cheers: