News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone identify this car?

Started by A12 Superbee, February 21, 2017, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A12 Superbee

On the right, that's my dad sitting on it. He passed in 2009 and I'm hoping, beyond hope, that the car may still exist.

Pic was taken in the late 50's or early sixties here in Australia.

Oh, and if you're confused, its the car at the opposite end of the Ford Customline.  ;)
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

A12 Superbee

I've been told its either a 51 or 52 Dodge. If we could narrow that down it will help in my search.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.

71charger_fan

Baldwinvette77

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2006/12/1952-Dodge-Coronet/1381562.html

Yeah apparently only the taillights were different  :rotz:

Im not sure how it works in Australia but could you find your dads insurance records? Depending on how far back his driving record goes it could give you the year and even the vin?  :shruggy:

A12 Superbee

Thanks guys, a bit of research with my brother has identified the car as a 52 Dodge Kingsway, Australian built, or possibly assembled from US components like we did with the R series Valiants of the early sixties.

There are a few survivors out here so hopefully the car still exists.

crj1968

John_Kunkel

It's a '47 Oldsmobile.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

It is....but that's not the car the OP was referring to. The car on the right.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!