News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power window connection question 68 Charger

Started by ErikH, March 19, 2017, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikH

Gents,

I think I've narrowed down my inop power window issue to a disconnected wire.  I suspect the red heavy gauge wire coming off the Safety Relay (window lift) should be connected to power somehow.  The diagram I'm looking at is on page 8-114, Fig. 17.  The tan wire with tracer is connected to the top of the fuse panel and the heavy gauge tan wire  is connected.  the only wire not connected is the heavy gauge red wire.  Can anyone tell me if the red wire should be connected to something in order to power my windows?  Thanks.

Erik
68 Charger R/T, 440/727
Blue with blue interior, black vinyl top, RT stripe

ErikH

I should amplify the heavy tan wire that is connected to the safety relay is properly connected to the harness carrying power to the rest of the cars widows.
68 Charger R/T, 440/727

ErikH

Could the heavy gauge red wire connect to the male space connector that is connected to the back of the ammeter?  That would provide ample power I'm sure...and the red wire with female connector is in the right area for that...I just don't remember it being that way when I took it apart.
68 Charger R/T, 440/727

A383Wing

the main power wire should go to the ammeter stud.....

and I have new power window relays is needed

ErikH

Nice.  I'll go back together and try it again.
68 Charger R/T, 440/727