News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Bee Ebay, vin swap

Started by cdr, February 27, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: bristol on March 01, 2017, 01:58:37 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 01, 2017, 05:38:47 AM
Quote from: chargerbr549 on March 01, 2017, 12:41:33 AM
Here in Las Vegas NV the DMV is a royal pain to deal with and with the Vin inspection needed anytime you buy a vehicle from out of state I don't think you would have a chance in hell of being able to register that car but some other states I lived in before I don't think there would have been a problem in registering that car.

In RI or Mass, all I need is the current title, or bill of sale from a non title State, cash in hand, I walk out with a new title and registration, In Vermont, I can register without a title, on line, no residency required, I will receive a plate and registration in the mail, all I need is proof of Insurance, 6 months later (best to wait 1 year) I can use that non title State registration in my name to obtain a title in the State of my choosing with no VIN check as I own the vehicle and only performing a State title/residency transfer

I have done the Maine title a few times. They are always very helpful. Only thing is you have to pay sales tax on what the car books for. Not good when you bought a $1000 that books for $10,000.

In that case, you can get an appraisal for around $100-$150, to define the true reduced/depreciated current value (esp if it's a project car), you still pay the full "book" sales tax, file for a tax abatement submitting the appraisal, then wait for a refund, usually within 60-90 days

or

If you have non titled vehicle with no/lost history, then a "new" bill of sale from a spouse or parent from the State your applying in, you fill out the property tax exemption form and pay no sales tax, just title and registration

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 01, 2017, 05:10:38 PM
Here in Las Vegas NV the DMV is a royal pain to deal with and with the Vin inspection needed anytime you buy a vehicle from out of state I don't think you would have a chance in hell of being able to register that car but some other states I lived in before I don't think there would have been a problem in registering that car.

In RI or Mass, all I need is the current title, or bill of sale from a non title State, cash in hand, I walk out with a new title and registration, In Vermont, I can register without a title, on line, no residency required, I will receive a plate and registration in the mail, all I need is proof of Insurance, 6 months later (best to wait 1 year) I can use that non title State registration in my name to obtain a title in the State of my choosing with no VIN check as I own the vehicle and only performing a State title/residency transfer

I have done the Maine title a few times. They are always very helpful. Only thing is you have to pay sales tax on what the car books for. Not good when you bought a $1000 that books for $10,000.

In that case, you can get an appraisal for around $100-$150, to define the true reduced/depreciated current value (esp if it's a project car), you still pay the full "book" sales tax, file for a tax abatement submitting the appraisal, then wait for a refund, usually within 60-90 days

or

If you have non titled vehicle with no/lost history, then a "new" bill of sale from a spouse or parent from the State your applying in, you fill out the property tax exemption form and pay no sales tax, just title and registration

So as far as you are concerned, VIN fraud & tax fraud are both ok?  :shruggy:

crj1968

RallyeMike

It looks like a neat car, but you'd have to be nuts to buy a car titled under a VIN that is not the real VIN as stamped on the car. Wonder what the door sticker says, if it's even there.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparnation74

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 01, 2017, 09:49:27 PM
It looks like a neat car, but you'd have to be nuts to buy a car titled under a VIN that is not the real VIN as stamped on the car. Wonder what the door sticker says, if it's even there.

It is a 69 so the sticker would never be there.......

Justify it anyway you can or find loopholes etc....In the end doing this falls on an individuals integrity.

At some time in the life of cars like this bee.  They will be sold to someone in a state where they WILL NOT be able to title/register it......I would not wish that on my worst enemy....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on March 01, 2017, 07:41:45 PM

or

So as far as you are concerned, VIN fraud & tax fraud are both ok?  :shruggy:

I think of it more like tax evasion, kinda like what the founding settlers of this country came here for...Sovereign Citizenship

moparnation74

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 02, 2017, 09:48:42 AM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on March 01, 2017, 07:41:45 PM

or

So as far as you are concerned, VIN fraud & tax fraud are both ok?  :shruggy:

I think of it more like tax evasion, kinda like what the founding settlers of this country came here for...Sovereign Citizenship
Wow! :eek2:

alfaitalia

Lol...I think most off the people who left the UK with that sort of view ended up in Australia rather than the USA....and not through choice. At the time it was the world's biggest open air prison...lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

crj1968

The ones that wound up in the US are known as our Founding Fathers.
:yesnod:

lukedukem

Up to 18k and reserve not yet met.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC