News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you find the number of cars built like yours?

Started by kgbisto, February 27, 2017, 10:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgbisto

Hi there,  I'm new to forum chatting and this website, but recently I found a comment here regarding how many of a certain Mopar was built, and I'm wondering if someone can help me or lead me in the right direction to find out about my car..  It's nothing special, but I can't find an image of one like it either..  How many 1972 Charger SEs were built bright red, with a full white vinyl top, and a white interior?  I'm thinking about trying to sell off the project and recoup some money, sale the Challenger, and get a Hellcat, but if it's a rare car that would help encourage me to keep it!  It's a factory 400 2bbl with bucket seats and center console.

69CoronetRT

Hi and welcome.

The numbers most people quote are from the factory options and accessories reports. They were reports, stated in percentage, the number of cars equipped with certain options. As the reports are in percentages and the number of cars produced are listed in the report, people multiply the number produced to arrive at a number of cars that came with a certain option. HOWEVER, the finding does not allow for a rounding factor. It is safer to say "about" or "around" XX number of cars came with an option.

You cannot cross reference two or more options to determine a new number. The numbers don't work that way. You can find out the approximate number of 400-2bbl built and the number of cars with a console but you cannot determine the number of 400-2bbl that were built with a console.

So for your car, you can find out about how many were built with a specific item, but you can't combine items and come up with a number.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: kgbisto on February 27, 2017, 10:37:49 PM
Hi there,  I'm new to forum chatting and this website, but recently I found a comment here regarding how many of a certain Mopar was built, and I'm wondering if someone can help me or lead me in the right direction to find out about my car..  It's nothing special, but I can't find an image of one like it either..  How many 1972 Charger SEs were built bright red, with a full white vinyl top, and a white interior?  I'm thinking about trying to sell off the project and recoup some money, sale the Challenger, and get a Hellcat, but if it's a rare car that would help encourage me to keep it!  It's a factory 400 2bbl with bucket seats and center console.

Where are you, and how much for the 72 SE?