News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought another Dodge Charger, and my insurance went DOWN a couple hundred $$$

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, March 01, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

My wife decided to buy a Dodge Charger the other day while I was out of town... I had known the car 15+ years, and liked it, but timing was always wrong... Anyways, unbeknown to me, she bought the car as a surprise to me, as I had inspected it before, and knowing it was numbers-matching, thought it was a great car.

So I call the insurance company, and they tell me my policy will GO DOWN a couple hundred bucks, adding this car to the policy. Nice!!  My agent provided great serve in finding the best rate and coverage.

Apparently, with enough vehicles, they figure you cannot drive them all, so the risk goes down. There were several other discounts applied before, but this one is pretty significant.

So the moral to the story is twofold:

1. Buy Agreed Value Insurance.
2. Buy more vehicles.

Here's a link to the company's website:
http://ncminsurance.com

They insure all kinds of collector cars, including our three Dodge Chargers.   I hope this is helpful to others.  :cheers:

69rtse4spd

That's great, I have had that with State Farm for over 30 years now. But always nice to have a reason to buy more cars.  :lol:.

BDF

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on March 01, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
My wife decided to buy a Dodge Charger the other day while I was out of town... I had known the car 15+ years, and liked it, but timing was always wrong... Anyways, unbeknown to me, she bought the car as a surprise to me, as I had inspected it before, and knowing it was numbers-matching, thought it was a great car.
Does your wife have a sister?
:2thumbs:
Actually I have a great wife. I don't expect her to come home with another Charger for me though.
Perhaps another cat...  :scratchchin:
Good info, thanks!

ACUDANUT

I get the same discount with American Collectors insurance Inc.  :Twocents:

ht4spd307

AND your happy about the insurance ???:shruggy: not that your wife just bought a charger

Mytur Binsdirti

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 02, 2017, 01:56:02 AM
AND your happy about the insurance ???:shruggy: not that your wife just bought a charger

It was very nice of her to think of me while I was out of town....

70 sublime

So does that mean the next time your wife is away you are going to get her a car or a new kitchen ??   :icon_smile_big:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 02, 2017, 10:07:18 AM
So does that mean the next time your wife is away you are going to get her a car or a new kitchen ??   :icon_smile_big:

BTDT, seemed like for awhile, every time I went out of town, new kitchen, bathroom, family room remodel, etc., it was out of control... LOL

I've bought her cars before, and the last one, put a bow on the hood, then went out of town 3 days... She was hot, as she could not drive it until I got back... LOL

Here a pic of some of the other cars...  I've posted it before tho.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Drove the car a bit this past weekend, drives AMAZINGLY! Even the speedo is dead nuts accurate. What a time capsule.

Had to move some cars around though. Here's a before pic...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...and like that, it's going to a new home. So now will need to buy something else to keep the insurance low (still)  :slap:

Baldwinvette77

You sold a 69 charger that your wife bought to surprise you? bummer man  :rotz:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 06, 2017, 02:19:20 PM
You sold a 69 charger that your wife bought to surprise you? bummer man  :rotz:

Ya, but she's okay in the long run I think. Awesome lady, still  :Twocents: