News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rallye wheels argent silver

Started by rickroadrunner, March 02, 2017, 05:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickroadrunner

Sorry, not exactly a wing car question, have posted in wheels to no response. I need to paint my Wheel Vintiques Rallye wheels the correct Argent Silver. I don't want to just paint with a rattle can. Does anybody have the correct paint formula?
Also, on the inside of the wheel, should be satin black?
Thanks

DAY CLONA

Backsides are painted first in a "glossy" black, not satin gloss, but the cheesy gloss black that Chrysler and it's vendors slopped on it parts for protection, allow the silver over spray to pass thru the "D" slots and lug/center holes for a correct look when painting the front sides

The correct argent silver paint code is PPG #3960

FJ5WING

I agree with Mike on the paint code and proceedure to follow for the wheels. I however hadnt practiced shooting the silver and it turned out waaaay too glossy to the point of looking dipped in silver candy. Take plenty of time to learn what reduction ratio works for you and consider air pressure to aid in a more dry look.

wingless now, but still around.

PettyMower

Here's what I used on mine, and a pic of the results.

First I bead-blasted them back to steel, primed (grey), then shot with VHT Ford Argent (3-coats). I can't tell the difference from original.

maxwellwedge

Frank Badalson sells the correct paint for the wheels....as well as for the center caps.