News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone build

Started by superbirdrag, March 03, 2017, 01:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdrag

Hey,
Any one have the dimension to install a rear wing for a clone Daytona. Also the placement of the fender scoops. Pictures with a tape would be nice.
Thanks

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

farm966

DAY CLONA

Quote from: superbirdrag on March 03, 2017, 01:58:05 AM
Hey,
Any one have the dimension to install a rear wing for a clone Daytona. Also the placement of the fender scoops. Pictures with a tape would be nice.
Thanks

Seeing 70 Sublime already gave you an assist with the wing location, it's pretty much spot on dimension wise, just keep in mind that some repro wings, esp the aluminum cast repro wings vary somewhat in base dimensions/size and height, that if you plan on adding a stripe, the shortened trunk, that you double check the lay out of all the items before drilling holes, and adjust accordingly...

As far as the scoops, measure 16" +/- 1/4" from the rear corner of the hood to the rear opening base/edge of the scoop, and center the scoop on the fender with approx an 1/8" on each side for the Daytona, there is a left and right scoop the base contour should help you decide that, if they haven't been altered or cut/shaped wrong, IIRC the drivers side scoop is slightly wider in profile also

superbirdrag

Yep, great help, thanks for the info, got another question . Can do you have pics for cutting the front fenders ,bending the lip ,adding the valance ant marker light,

This is my superbirdrag

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdrag on March 03, 2017, 03:17:21 PM
Yep, great help, thanks for the info, got another question . Can do you have pics for cutting the front fenders ,bending the lip ,adding the valance ant marker light,

This is my superbirdrag
canada ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

superbirdrag

Lighthorseman

Building a Daytona now, are you?  Does this mean you're going to need those Z-brace brackets after all?

superbirdrag

I am building a Daytona. I just decided a month ago , you prob don't mean me

Lighthorseman

Quote from: superbirdrag on March 08, 2017, 01:55:55 AM
I am building a Daytona. I just decided a month ago , you prob don't mean me

Oh, okay.  I thought you were Cal from Winnipeg.

superbirdrag

Ok, i am cal west of winnipeg and I have a superbirdrag convertible . I haven't been looking for z brackets though , I have to buy the hole kit from janek, there is a guy same name in Saskatoon with a red daytona ?

Lighthorseman

Ha ha!  Okay...I guess I should clarify.

I was talking about the brackets you had - bumper extensions for Z-braces, maybe?  I'm the guy who has been continually meaning to buy them from you, but still haven't gotten around to it.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

superbirdrag

djcarguy

UFO

Quote from: superbirdrag on March 03, 2017, 03:17:21 PM

This is my superbirdrag

LOL.  Of the four guys in the pic, two are real daytona owner's and one is building a clone.