News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chin Spoiler

Started by Draco, March 04, 2017, 10:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco

Ok guy's since I started the reconstructed of my 68 I wanted a chin spoiler to go with the rear spoiler. I know aluminum ones are available and I even thought I could make my own no problem. But just wondering if anyone knows of options that are available. Thanks :coolgleamA: 

JB400

Most are using a first gen Camaro spoiler.

Draco

Really, that is interesting, any idea where it's available?

WHITE AND RED 69

You can get them from a lot of places. Ebay, summit, classic industries, etc.  I like the AMD ones, they feel a bit stronger than some others.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

Quote from: Draco on March 04, 2017, 11:13:59 PM
    Really, that is interesting, any idea where it's available?

Yeah... where in the world are you going to find parts for a Chevy ??????     :smilielol:

Draco

Thanks guy's that gives me info that I can use. I like the idea of putting two together to make wider. Still new to the forum and I don't have a lot of time to research, especially k-marrow shit. 

tommymac

Ecklers parts  around 30.00 with all the hardware.I love it.

Draco

I order a spoiler from Summit 69 Kamaro. Heald it up under splash pan. Would have had to drill holes in my fresh paint, F-that so I made my own to bolt where splash pan mounts. I have a buddy sprayen it for me. Will have picks soon. PS got a spoiler for 69 carmaro for sale  :eek2:

garner7555

Quote from: Draco on April 05, 2017, 08:02:23 PM
   I order a spoiler from Summit 69 Kamaro. Heald it up under splash pan. Would have had to drill holes in my fresh paint, F-that so I made my own to bolt where splash pan mounts. I have a buddy sprayen it for me. Will have picks soon. PS got a spoiler for 69 carmaro for sale  :eek2:

How much?   shipped to Alabama 36269
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

wingcar

Back in the day I mounted the front spoilers (they used two)  from the 1970 Challenger T/A on my 1968 Charger.   I liked the look...not to big and not to small...plus it was Mopar!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Finn

Hey just a heads up, you can buy the spoiler (don't know if it includes the hardware or not) from RockAuto for 18 bucks...

Just search for spoiler under 1969 camaro. At that price I think I HAVE to try it.

"SHERMAN 69622A Black"
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

garner7555

Quote from: Finn on May 04, 2017, 08:25:19 PM
Hey just a heads up, you can buy the spoiler (don't know if it includes the hardware or not) from RockAuto for 18 bucks...

Just search for spoiler under 1969 camaro. At that price I think I HAVE to try it.

"SHERMAN 69622A Black"

Thanks for the heads up.   :2thumbs:    Let us know what is included.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Quote from: Finn on May 04, 2017, 08:25:19 PM

"SHERMAN 69622A Black"

Nice! I'll be buying a spare then.

And no need to drill in the valance, drill the plastic spoiler to line up with the holes in the valance. The longest rod that comes with the spoiler can also be used. One end of the rod is angled so straighten it with a few blows of a hammer and you'll be able to bolt it between the center of the spoiler and the front bolt on the K member.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.