News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upholstery installation kit

Started by Dino, May 06, 2019, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Soon I'll be attempting to recover my seats. I have the Legendary covers and although the rear bench still has good support, I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace everything from the frame up.

Has anyone used this kit? Is there anything better to get? https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/product/htp-conv-rear-seats-cdp-66-74-amc-68-74-gm-64-72/

Any specific hog rings and pliers that you can recommend?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

I used that and bought extra burlap for the front seats off Amazon.

PlainfieldCharger

I used this kit also...needed more burlap too. I bought their hog ring plier kit and rings... just need a sturdy table/bench to help with compressing the foam/springs while you ring it up...

b5blue

A hog ring cutter came in real handy for me.

Dino

Thanks guys, I'll get the kit and some extras.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twenty mike mike

Has the "Legendary" button issue been resolved? It's been a few years since people were complaining about that.

68moparbob

I am in the process of completing the rear seat this weekend.  Installed the foam last weekend.  It appears that I'll have enough of everything in the kit to do both bottom and back. Order the Legendary hog rings, theirs is as reasonably priced as others and they are good quality rings. I ordered extras from a vendor on Amazon and they were cheap looking thin gauge rings. I did order front seat foam and an installation kit. Everything fit very well.
Good luck.

b5blue

DanielRobert

your local upholstery supply shop will have everything you need. Use a steamer or a heat gun(careful) to soften the vinyl and maneuver it in place.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am