News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 front license plate bracket

Started by charger01, March 06, 2017, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Anyone have any pics of this, and how to mount it.  I have a few different brackets, and Iam pretty sure one of them is correct, but there are no holes to mount anything to????

crj1968

Here ya go..... two bolts only on the underside of the valance. 

crj1968

dual fours

:o Something's wrong with the above two pictures here, shouldn't the license plate holder top clips go over the valance? See the valance has a turned up lip and the plate holder has two matching clips/bends to loop over the valance. Shouldn't the license plate holder be black and not body color?
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

crj1968

I see what you mean....

The first car is mine, there are two little bumper things on the top part that rest against the valance...It's a stout bracket for sure

I think if I were to do like in your picture my plate would be facing up at a strange angle.   I'm not sure I could even tweak it up over the valance like that...  :scratchchin:

crj1968

Looks like you are right...

Funny how my car and the only other clear pic I could find, are both wrong..... 

To the garage !!!   

dual fours

Hard to find a photo without a plate of some kind on the front or they have no license plate bracket at all. The best photos are "barn finds".  I'd like to see a photo of your two little rubber bumpers on the back side, are they sticky on type or a bumper with a rubber tail in a hole. I'm sure it's clear to you on installing the bracket, the top hooks on the valance first then install the two bolts.  
Looks like I need to find one little rubber bumper with a tail for that center hole.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

charger01

thanks guys ,I had the right one, just was figuring it was like my 69 was and went to the bumper.  Had me confused.

crj1968