News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question for the Dukes of Hazzard crew

Started by marshallfry01, March 08, 2017, 04:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

This might be the wrong place to ask this.... so mods feel free to move it somewhere else. With that being said, what size wheels/tires were used on Daisy's CJ7 jeep? I have a 1972 CJ5 with the original steel wheels on it. They are super ugly and way too narrow. The wheels and tires look great on Daisy's jeep. (I'm not into lifted jeeps with huge tires) I want the same setup that her jeep had. I think the wheels were something like a 15x8. Not sure about tire size. They look smaller than a 33. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Marshall
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

hemigeno

To my knowledge, Dixie's tires & wheels were stock Jeep Golden Eagle equipment.  I'm nowhere near an expert on DoH trivia, but all the pictures I've seen show a 1979 model even though I've heard it referred to as a 1980 model often.

15x8 spoke wheels
9.00x15 Goodyear Tracker A/T (bias ply or bias-belted tires, not radials)...  These would have been about 29" tall, but they are no longer made/available anywhere AFAIK.

marshallfry01

Thanks! That's exactly what I was needing to know!
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.