News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Flying Mustang.....

Started by tcs69rt, March 09, 2017, 11:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

I have been working child protection for over 4 years now in Colorado Springs. I discovered that I work with the wife of this photographer. I have been emailing Bob pics of my 69 Charger and the 66 Stingray I put back on the road for a neighbor. Bob took this famous pic of the debut of Carroll Shelby's GT 350 in 1965 and Bob says that Shelby got him his job. Shelby called him "3/4 Jack" because he spent 3/4 of his time at Shelby's shop in the late 50's. Bob was also riding 6 or 8 cars back in JFK's motorcade when Oswald shot him. Bob caught the moment that Jack Ruby shot Oswald on film. It's a great book with many pics of celebrities, JFK arriving in Dallas, even the Beatles playing Dallas. Bob accepted my invite to come up and see me. We are only 14 miles apart. I came to work yesterday and saw that his wife placed this 18 x 24 print on my desk....I have to get it framed!  :cheers:

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Q5XX29

dakota_gt on Instagram

Mytur Binsdirti

Very cool indeed, but I don't see no flying Mustang.  Since this is thread about flying, how about a flying lawnmower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWfqVWC2KI

tcs69rt

Bob was racing a 51 Jag and 52 MG back then. He has some vintage Pike's Peak racing pics in his book too.

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

BDF

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 09, 2017, 04:18:31 PM
Very cool indeed, but I don't see no flying Mustang.  Since this is thread about flying, how about a flying lawnmower...

All 4 wheels of 'stang are in the air.   :yesnod:
Doesn't say how far it flew...

RCCDrew

draftingmonkey

I like the pic you were given and the story behind it. Also like the Jag, they are a blast to drive. Thanks for sharing with us.
Here I am in my mechanically restored 53 Jag.

alfaitalia

Nice to see a few of you U.S. members on here into to your British iron. :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!