News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 dash connector question?

Started by Puzbie, March 12, 2017, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puzbie

can anyone tell me what this connects to?  I think it is for the ashtray light but there are 3 plugs. Am I correct? what are the other 2 for? does the orange wire from the heater controls plug in here too?...Thanks!

birdsandbees

+ connector..  optional glove box light. ash tray light or heat control lights plug into it. Also think it went to the radio light wire as well..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Puzbie

Thanks birdsandbees.  It was the one wire not labeled on my old harness (27 years ago  :icon_smile_big: ). I have the ashtray light and heater light plugs available, but didn't want to assume. I appreciate the quick response...

M5Ivan

Agree.
Mine was connected to the original heater/ac control lights. The other is for the ashtray light. My radio light doesn't use it, must use another power source.

birdsandbees

Radio may have been on it's own wire, but pretty sure it's orange as well. The 3 socket end is definitely for optional ash tray, glove box and heater control lights.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

I have the light package as well. The three pin connector energizes the ash tray and heater/ac controls. The radio and glove box light have their own source. The 3rd pin is free for some, to me, unknown option.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Dino on March 12, 2017, 09:58:00 PM
I have the light package as well. The three pin connector energizes the ash tray and heater/ac controls. The radio and glove box light have their own source. The 3rd pin is free for some, to me, unknown option.

:iagree:

The glove box light (if equipped) has it's own power source which is a pink wire that runs to the fuse block. I've seen both where the pink wire is a solid run from the glove box light to fuse block and I've seen where the pink wire will have a disconnect within the run.

Bronzedodge

Quote from: Dino on March 12, 2017, 09:58:00 PM

Right.  It's a handy spot if you add gauges and want to fabricate an illumination harness for them, or anything else that lights up.  Other than adding load to an already questionable electrical system.   :scratchchin:
Mopar forever!

Puzbie

Thanks for the confirmation everyone.  I too have the light package and the 8-track which have their own power for lighting the radio and glove box.

This finishes all my connections in the dash...hurray!!!

Thanks again....