News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tom's Friends Seattle pretty over restored Superbird

Started by moparstuart, March 13, 2017, 07:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

I don't understand the title here: "Tom's Friends Seattle pretty over restored Superbird "

superbirdtom

ACADANUTS .I guess the title  should have said toms friend in Seattle's over restored superbird. and left out the word PRETTY.  regardless here's a superbird no one has ever heard of. and lets all be thankful of another one popping up that has been saved period.
  The description of over restored is a fact, as we all know when you see a bird when the panels align up far better than stock especially the hood to nose cone to fender alignment and every other panel is perfectly straight with the gaps incredible and the paint like glass, without grease paint correctness its overstored" And that is fine".
The car guy that actually owns that car and that saved it needs to be commended for doing what he could do being a person that has every kind of rare muscle car (Ford GM imaginable) . He also has a 59 Fury convertible Golden Commando which will be restored someday maybe not to OEM correctness but none the less it will be saved. And other one of two super rare muscle cars.  Anyways sorry for the wrong title.         

Wingwalker

I personally don't like the word 'pretty' and the Birdie is not OVER restored either!

Its built the way Mother Mopar would have done it, if time and money were no object.
'Lack of paint' was a particular headache for some European cars that I had the pleasure to put right.
Do you know how much time and effort is required to strip and prep a 'NEW' car for 'repaint' because the production-line painter got lazy/bored/hangover, whatever?
Paint is expensive and time consuming to apply as the car/bodyshell rolls past.
So the poor painter has to get enough paint on to cover the primer, without runs etc...
Painting underneath was never an option for cars in that era.

BUT, the point is, they SHOULD BEE!

And that TOSH called Underbody coating is a CURSE to the resto Folks of the 21st Century... :slap:

OVER restore with my blessing and she ain't pretty, SHE'S GORGEOUS!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Wingwalker :angelwing:
Fixed headlights 500's are the FIRST Aero's, and the rarest!

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on March 14, 2017, 11:59:32 PM
ACADANUTS .I guess the title  should have said toms friend in Seattle's over restored superbird. and left out the word PRETTY.  regardless here's a superbird no one has ever heard of. and lets all be thankful of another one popping up that has been saved period.
  The description of over restored is a fact, as we all know when you see a bird when the panels align up far better than stock especially the hood to nose cone to fender alignment and every other panel is perfectly straight with the gaps incredible and the paint like glass, without grease paint correctness its overstored" And that is fine".
The car guy that actually owns that car and that saved it needs to be commended for doing what he could do being a person that has every kind of rare muscle car (Ford GM imaginable) . He also has a 59 Fury convertible Golden Commando which will be restored someday maybe not to OEM correctness but none the less it will be saved. And other one of two super rare muscle cars.  Anyways sorry for the wrong title.         
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

ACUDANUT

Mr. Perkins is a single retired postman. Good for him. Awesome cars.
wish I was single sometimes.

charge69

beautiful restoration done in one of my favorite colors !! :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 15, 2017, 02:19:33 PM
Mr. Perkins is a rich retired postman. Good for him. Awesome cars.
wish I was single sometimes.

LOL....only everyday. If we had you gun laws I probably would be by now!!

Should be fun when she reads this!!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

charge69

The color was also the color of my friends' '69 Roadrunner.  This picture was taken just before he finished the resto.

At this time, the original 383 was on an engine stand and a 451 stroker putting out over 600hp was installed.  Thru the big Cadilllac mufflers, he was running 11.20's @ 119 on street tires.

ksquared

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 14, 2017, 08:37:19 PM
I don't understand the title here: "Tom's Friends Seattle pretty over restored Superbird "

Oh, boy, here we go again with the Oxford comma!!  :o

I just thought it was a "pretty over restored" Superbird, as opposed to the "slightly over restored" Superbird you might see.  :drool5:

No harm was done in the title, but here's a situation where it cost a company millions of dollars:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lack-of-oxford-comma-costs-maine-company-millions-in-overtime-dispute/ar-BBycPZW?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

hotrod98

Tom, Tammy and I watched all of your old YouTube videos of the Black Ice Superbird last night. I was pointing out some of the changes between then and now.  I remember the first time I ever saw the video of the bird stuck in the snow.  I fell in love with that car at that very moment.  Lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

superbirdtom

Hi Larry good to hear from you!   youtube changed at some point and I can't get back my page and access it. my handle was 440sixpack. I had computer tech dude come up and he can't get me back in. If anyone knows how to do it pls let me know. I have old video from my road trip to Hot august nights in the ICER one of the cars nick names. shots of it in a hail storm in Reno that was wild. and cruising from Reno over the mountains  right into Healdsburg Ca. Maybe ill have to start new youtube page.  I know I always got a thrill every time I got in and turned the key, and had to prepare for the barrage of gagglers and folks following me right to my garage wanting to blab .My best to you and yours!

hotrod98

I took it out one day last fall and drove it about 200 miles. Lots of people taking pics and videos everywhere I went.  Now that it's in the 80's I need to get it out for a road trip.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

charger_fan_4ever

Paint everywhere like it should have been I like it :)

Highbanked Hauler

My hat is off to anyone with that much ambition to do that amount of detailing. :cheers: Sad thing is most of the public will never see all that work. :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

superbirdtom

My friend is hooking up the vacuum headlights and needs pics of how the main vacuum line is hooked up to the intake manifold. is it a double nipple special piece where the brake booster then a T off of it to the headlight vacuum line?  and if so where to get the part?   any close up pics and info would be appreciated.  thanks  tom.  more pics to be coming shortly.

birdsandbees

Best I can do right now as my back has me stuck in the house. Found this picture of mine where the main vacuum line, to I presume canister, comes off a smaller side nipple on the main brake booster vacuum nipple at the intake manifold.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70Sbird

Quote from: superbirdtom on April 04, 2017, 11:25:27 AM
My friend is hooking up the vacuum headlights and needs pics of how the main vacuum line is hooked up to the intake manifold. is it a double nipple special piece where the brake booster then a T off of it to the headlight vacuum line?  and if so where to get the part?   any close up pics and info would be appreciated.  thanks  tom.  more pics to be coming shortly.

Here is what I have:
I didn't have the original booster nipple with the correct 1/4" (?) hose connection for the headlights so I ended up buying one at a swap meet for a couple of bucks with multiple vacuum connections in addition to the brake booster - (one was the larger 1/4" and there were two additional smaller ones). I broke off the two unneeded ones and used JB Weld to seal up the holes and painted it. I attached it to the threaded port at the rear of the intake.
I have heard that you shouldn't "T" into the brake booster line probably in case of a vacuum leak and then diminished braking assist, but I don't know for sure if that is true since both the booster and headlights are on the same nipple anyway.

Scott Faulkner

superbirdtom

Quote from: birdsandbees on April 04, 2017, 11:43:23 AM
Best I can do right now as my back has me stuck in the house. Found this picture of mine where the main vacuum line, to I presume canister, comes off a smaller side nipple on the main brake booster vacuum nipple at the intake manifold.

ok great!  Since this is a six pac manifold the vacuum comes off the back then to the brake booster special T nipple.  Is there anywhere to order that plastic piece? part number? thanks to all.

qwick68

My kind of resto! Nothing looks better on muscle cars than bias plys!
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise