News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing Moog Camber Bolts 2010 Charger

Started by 10chargers, March 16, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10chargers

2010 Dodge Charger  Had my Charger aligned and have negative camber beyond Manufacture specks on front .     So for front purchased Moog Camber Bolts.   There is only a bolt and nut in this kit.  Install instructions are bit confusing.  I would like some friendly advice before I start this project.   The new camber bolt has groves along each side that appear to slide in lower control arm on "Bat Wings"  inside the control arm assembly.  I  assume these "Bat Wings"  slide into the groves of the bolt.  Apparently, there are more then one set of  "Bat Wings" in this control arm to make camber more positive or negative and the bolt will need to be rotated 180 for it to fit according to negative or positive camber (confusing???).    Since, I have too much negative camber I assume I need to install the bolts on the "Bat Wings  that would make  more positive camber.    Is all this logic correct ??   Any hints or tips? Will i need to support the control arm with a jack when I initially remove the old camber bolt.    Any pitfalls to look out for?  Seems fairly easy job just do not want to make  any rookie mistakes. Any help or advice from anyone that done this before would be appreciated.

Thanks Much!

FJMG

Even though this is for the older generation cars I had to use this on my 06 so I will try to explain. If you go to your local part a store and look at a replacement bushing (or control arm) you will see exactly how this bolt works. The hole in the bushing for this bolt is oval with two protrusions top & bottom (hence why some call it "batwing"). The factory bolt goes through the center (with a protrusion on either side of it) and your "groovy" bolt lines up directly between these protrusions allowing a degree + or - (moves LCA in or out). Do not force the bolt in, should slide in easily, DO NOT allow the bolt to rotate when tightening the nut.

The same holds true for the forward tension strut bushing giving you even more adjustment if needed.

As a general rule; moving LCA adjusts camber and moving TS adjusts caster, but moving one does change the other slightly so you should check both.
You need to remove the front stabilizer to frame mount to gain acces to the LCA Bolt. Sometimes the LCA can be stubborn to slide out but a small bar helps.

10chargers

FJMG,

It is knowledgable people like you that make these forum GREAT!!    Thanks for the explanation!! :2thumbs:.   Can not afford the "Newer"  style  Charger yet  I am stuck fixing my old one.     

I did this today in about 1 hour.   Sure would help if car was on a lift...    Alignment is next...   AGAIN THANKS !!!!   You are the BEST!!!