News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for Taillight Housings 1973 Dodge Charger

Started by Stagepirat, March 18, 2017, 05:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stagepirat

Hello.
I´m looking for left and right side Taillight Housings for my Charger 1973.
But I´m also interested what kind of taillights the ones of the Charger on the pictures are?
Shipping would be to Europe/Germany, but of course I will pay for all the Handling and Shipping in advance.
Thanks
Axl

tfdub

The Charger in the bottom picture is a 1971. The tail lights from a 1971 R/T and Superbee will not fit in to the 1973-74 without modifying the tail light panel from my understanding.

MoparRocks

And good luck finding the 71 housings too. I would love t replace mine. Some moron did a crap resto on them and spray painted them black. Including the reflectors inside!!! Even with LED bulbs they are dim as hell. :brickwall:
1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree

Bob

Quote from: tfdub on March 18, 2017, 08:20:43 PM
The Charger in the bottom picture is a 1971. The tail lights from a 1971 R/T and Superbee will not fit in to the 1973-74 without modifying the tail light panel from my understanding.
I installed 71 rt taillights in my 74 and they fit perfectly.

Nacho-RT74

ok... all 3rd gen tail lights fits in all 3rd gen years... just some considerations needed about but nothing to worry really, IE lower license bumper bracket will be better to be matched with tail lights ( 71/72 and 73/74 are diff ).

about the tail light housing... well, will be hard to find one, even more beig SE which are originally chromed finish. No one tail light housing is being reproed yet. In fact just the 71 R/T ( 72 Rallye ) and 73/74 SE and standard tail light LENSES are the 3rd gen tail light items being reproed at this moment

in general this is a good graphic description to know all the setups with just ONE fail I did when composed this image.... the 71 superbee with colored bumper gets the same tail light louvers finish than the R/T so is not black. Just 72 rallye gets black

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

MoparRocks

I've got the 71 base on mine. And yeah I've found the lenses but that's it. Someone needs to step up and start making these damn things. Classic Industries, Year one. There are enough guys going for third gens these days since the seconds are so damn overpriced that it's getting more and more common for people to need these parts. My lenses are ok on mine but the housings are screwed. Big fat crack in one side, a small chunk missing from the other, and yeah, as I said above, someone along the line "restored" them with black spray paint including the reflectors inside so even led bulbs look dim.
1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree