News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many 1970 Chargers were built this color ???

Started by Kern Dog, March 25, 2017, 03:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Green must have really been popular back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QfNqdRDZw

In 1983 while driving my unreliable 69 Dart in High School, I saw a 70 Charger outside an apartment complex with a FOR SALE sign. $1500. It was F8 with a vinyl top.
In 1985 a buddy bought a 70 Charger.....F8 with white top and a 318.
In 2000 I called on an ad in the local newspaper. 1970 Charger 500. Guess what?  F8 green with a shredded white top and a 318.

Sure seems to have been a popular combination, at least from the cars that I have seen.

69CoronetRT

I've seen approximate percentages of colors for 1970 Chargers.

For cars built for sale in the US: XH cars, about 9.6% were F8. XP 500 cars was <2%. XS RTs was about 9.9%.

So for XH and RTs, F8 was one of the more popular colors. It's not as common on 500s.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Moparpoolman

cbrestorations

i have a 70 rt f8 and i had a 70 383 4bbl f8 car

Kern Dog

When the paint looks nice, it is a great looking color.

Dino

Sure is, but the pea soup green interior is a different matter! Mine was F8 with a green interior and a white top. 69 though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.